Accounting and Tax Manager
About this Job
The Accounting and Tax Manager Position will work very closely with the executive leadership of the firm and help contribute to the outstanding service our valued clients deserve. This position’s responsibilities share many of the duties of an experienced public accountant. A large component of the position includes working directly with corporate clients and small business owners, all while under the supervision and guidance of management.
The primary responsibilities of this position include:
- Assist in the planning and execution of multiple tax assignments related to the Real Estate, Construction, Healthcare, and Manufacturing industries including many others.
- Prepare and review federal and state tax returns for partnerships, fiduciaries, exempt orgs, C corporations, S corporations and individuals.
- It is required for candidates to have an understanding of tax compliance laws and IRS regulations.
- Participate in client assignments and projects from start to finish, with an exciting opportunity to influence and tailor logistics.
- Develop and maintain an excellent professional relationship with all clients and their staffs to grow customer satisfaction and to strengthen new and established client relationships.
- A commitment to always provide exceptional service to every client via responsive and focused attention, consistent follow-through and an anticipatory understanding their goals and needs.
- Must, without exception, maintain and comply with the highest degree of professional and ethical standards, including client confidentiality, client privacy, and personal conduct that reflects the values of the firm.
A successful candidate will have:
- 5-10 years relevant public accounting experience.
- A complete understanding of QuickBooks, and Full-Cycle Accounting.
- Experience with Tax Preparation Software, ie Lacerte
- CPA license or qualified to sit for CPA Exam, or Enrolled Agent.
- Technical Skills appropriate with level of experience.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a focus on analytical, research and tax project management. Attention to detail and full knowledge of accounting and tax is required.
- The ability to demonstrate the verbal and written communication skills required throughout all levels of the organization, both internally and externally.
- The ability to multi-task, prioritize tasks, meet deadlines, organize and track workflows, self-start, think independently, and to problem solve. Must thrive in a results-driven, team-oriented environment.
- Strong PC computer skills, including technical skills of various tax-related software like: Microsoft Office Suite, Outlook, QuickBooks (Desktop/Online/Pro), Digitization and Document Management tools, Tax Preparation Programs (Lacerte preferred), Bank and Payroll portals, Timekeeping systems, and Adobe Suite.
About Edwards and Slason, PLC
Edwards and Slason is a boutique accounting firm in the Biltmore area of Phoenix, Arizona. We support our clients across many industries including, but not limited to, Health Care, Real Estate, and Construction. We provide a unique level of service that is what sets us apart from other firms. We are looking for candidates who have a strong desire to learn and become affluent in tax and accounting processes.