Risk Management Manager
Risk Management Manager
Little Rock, AR, USA
Risk Management / Full Time
Arkansas Electric Cooperative Corporation (AECC) is an organization with a rich history and a bright future. As a leader in the energy industry we look to our employees to help us grow, change, and provide power to over 500,000 members of our 17 electric distribution cooperatives.
The Risk Management Manager directs and conducts risk-based assessments and related strategic oversight activities to fulfill business objectives. Conducts financial and operational assurance engagements to evaluate the effectiveness of internal procedures and operating controls; provides internal consulting services to Cooperative leadership; and assists the Director-Risk Management to build Cooperative Staff’s risk awareness through strategic support and training. This position presents the opportunity to work alongside peers who are versatile, enthusiastic, and continuing to strive to push AECC and our mission forward.
- Support the Director-Risk Management in the design and implementation of the assurance and risk management functions, including the development, maintenance, and execution of the annual Audit Plan; and seeks feedback and makes recommendations on ways to improve the assurance and the risk management functions and processes.
- Designs and executes internal financial and operational assurance engagements to assess the effectiveness of internal procedures and operating controls, with minimal guidance and supervision by the Director-Risk Management.
- Serves as the project manager for departmental assurance engagements and projects; and manages and mentors department staff.
- Assists, and trains, as needed, business owners to make risk-informed decisions by identifying, evaluating, mitigating, and monitoring business risks and recommending appropriate risk management processes that are cost-effective and operationally efficient.
- Identifies, develops, and documents risk management opportunities relating to the areas being reviewed and the stated business objectives and strategies.
- Assists in communicating the results of assurance engagements and risk management projects via written reports and oral presentations to management, executive leadership and other business owners.
- Provides risk management support and training to relevant management and staff related to the business functions overseen by their respective departments and reinforces individuals’ understanding of their own accountability for individual risks.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities may include but are not limited to interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- The ability to handle stress and work well with others are essential functions of this position.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field, plus at least 8 years’ total related experience including at least 5 years related management experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong analytical skills and an eye for detail.
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
- Ability to understand broader business issues.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Knowledge of auditing procedures.
- Project Management Professional (PMP), Master of Business Administration (MBA), or related specialty designation(s).
- 2 Retirement Plan Options
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 9 Paid holidays
- Educational assistance
- Paid time off accrual
- Short-term disability
- Long-term disability
- Free & confidential Employee Assistance Program
Should you elect to apply for this position, AECC/AECI will review your qualifications. If after reviewing the qualifications and experience of all applicants, your skills and credentials meet our needs, someone from our organization may contact you. Please be advised that the time required to complete the applicant review process typically takes between 30 and 90 days, but could extend beyond that. Once the position has been filled, all applicants will be notified via email.
Arkansas Electric Cooperative Corporation and Arkansas Electric Cooperatives, Inc. are Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age or any other protected category.