Due to the public health emergency, our hiring and onboarding process will take place over Zoom. As we continue to follow recommendations by the CDC, State, and local government, we anticipate that our employees will continue to work remotely for an extended period.
Merriman is searching for an exceptional person to join our team as an Associate Advisor. The person filling this position will work as an integral team member with one or more advisors and client service associates to empower our clients to live fully by helping them with all aspects of their financial lives. The associate advisor position provides an opportunity to have an immediate impact on clients while also developing the skills needed to be a lead advisor and partner in the firm. We are highly selective in choosing team members and seek a unique individual who has a driving passion for engaging with and taking care of people and an interest in financial planning and investment management. We are a well-established and expanding wealth management firm that needs people who will grow with us, personally and professionally.
As an Associate Advisor, your primary role will be to support one or more advisors with developing financial and investment recommendations for new and existing clients. You will:
· In tandem with an advisor, meet with current and prospective clients to understand their financial needs, goals, and concerns and gather details about their current financial data
· With guidance, review their financial situation and develop a custom recommendation for their unique needs
· Utilize portfolio analysis tools such as Morningstar and financial planning software such as MoneyGuide Pro to analyze their portfolio and assets and generate reports
· Participate in client meetings with an advisor including presenting analyses and recommendations, answering questions, and addressing concerns
Supporting our team of advisors in bringing the benefits of our wealth management process to more clients is also an important part of the role. This support may involve:
· Attending events such as dinners, retirement parties, and educational events and interacting with prospective clients to answer questions and talk about Merriman
· Researching and creating articles, blog posts, and videos on financial planning topics
· Producing educational presentation materials for use by advisors and other employees
We view the associate advisor role as a training ground for future advisors and ongoing education and professional development is a key part of the job. You will be expected to:
· Study for and make steady progress towards obtaining their Certified Financial Planner designation
· Learn and understand our investment philosophy and become proficient at explaining it to clients and answering their questions
· Gain a working knowledge of financial planning software and tools and develop the ability to answer the most common questions independently
We opened our doors in 1983 and quickly learned that wealth management is not just about managing money. It’s about helping people the way we would want to be helped.
Today we manage approximately $2.5 billion in investments in three locations around the Pacific Northwest, giving ongoing advice to thousands of clients across the country. We seek to provide comprehensive financial planning and investment management to anyone seeking professional advice on one of the most important aspects of their lives. We were founded on the principle that everyone deserves transparent, unbiased advice that is best for them at a cost that they can afford. We continue to strive to provide that every day in serving a wide range of clients from mid-career professionals to retirees with assets from $250,000 to >$20M who share our belief that everyone deserves to live fully.
First and foremost, we are seeking a candidate who loves working with people, is analytical and detail-oriented, and is a great team player and collaborator. A Bachelor’s degree or higher with coursework in financial planning, accounting, business, economics, psychology or other related areas is required.
The ideal candidate would have the following attributes:
· Committed to exceptional client service
· Comfortable dealing with information that is sensitive, personal, and confidential
· Show good judgment, reliability, and trustworthiness
· Demonstrate professional poise, patience, understanding, and tact especially when working with clients who are under stress
· Possess a strong desire to continuously learn and grow
· Have experience working in a team environment
· Ability to balance and prioritize among multiple projects
· Outstanding oral and written communication skills
· Highly self-motivated and intellectually curious
An NASD series 65 license is required for this position; however, you may study for and pass the exam within the first six months of employment at Merriman. This is an outstanding career position or is an ideal entry for those aspiring to become an advisor.
The job is located in Seattle, Washington. Normal hours are 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday. You may be asked to occasionally attend a client event outside of normal business hours.
This position works in a high-rise office environment. The position requires sitting, standing, and mobility throughout the office. Ability to use common office products (phone, fax, PC and related software) is necessary to perform this job. The ability to communicate clearly and professionally is vital.
During the COVID-19 outbreak, you will be expected to work from home or other non-office location with internet access. Merriman will provide the needed technology and software.
We offer a team-based, safe, positive work environment where employees are encouraged to grow into new responsibilities and to accept new challenges. Our pay is competitive, and our benefits include a co-funded retirement plan, medical coverage and much more.
As a result of the environment, we strive to create for our staff, our employee turnover is very low. In the interest of our employee’s health, we are a non-smoking firm.
To apply, please visit our website at www.merriman.com/jobs where you will be prompted to complete our online application process.
We look forward to hearing from you!