Supervisor of Facilities (57402)
Job Title: Supervisor Facilities
For 70 years, Charles River employees have worked together to assist in the discovery, development and safe manufacture of new drug therapies. When you join our family, you will have a significant impact on the health and well-being of people across the globe. Whether your background is in life sciences, finance, IT, sales or another area, your skills will play an important role in the work we perform. In return, we’ll help you build a career that you can feel passionate about.
We are seeking a Supervisor Facilities for our Biologics Testing Solutions site located in Malvern, PA.
Coordinate and supervise the work of employees in the general maintenance and upkeep of buildings, grounds, and equipment. Responsible for maintaining electrical, plumbing, mechanical, and related systems.
The following are responsibilities related to Supervisor Facilities:
· Provide direct dally supervision and inspect work of assigned employees to ensure completeness. Schedule and prioritize work assignments of group members.
· Determine material, equipment, and supplies to be used. Transfer equipment and personnel from one project to another as necessary.
· Coordinate or install, Inspect, repair and maintain electrical, plumbing, mechanical, and other related systems in all site buildings.
· Coordinate or Inspect, operate and maintain the site's heating, ventilation and cooling (HVAC) systems. ·
· Coordinate or perform general repairs.
· Assist In coordinating renovations of existing facilities and the construction of capital projects.
· Coordinate and Inspect major contract work on the site’s electrical, plumbing, mechanical and other related systems.
The following are minimum requirements related to the Supervisor Facilities position:
· Education: High School diploma or General Education Degree (G.E.D.)
· Experience: Six to eight years related experience in general building maintenance with mechanical and construction background. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
· Certifications/Licensures: Current, valid motor vehicle operator's license required.
About Biologics Testing Solutions
With more than 50 years of experience and proven regulatory expertise, the Charles River Biologics group can address challenging projects for biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies worldwide. Offering a variety of services such as contamination and impurity testing, protein characterization, bioassays, viral clearance studies and stability and lot release programs, we support clients throughout the biologic development cycle, from the establishment and characterization of cell banks through preclinical and clinical studies to marketed products. Whether clients need stand-alone services, a unique package of testing, or insourced support, our Biologics group can create a custom solution to suit their needs. Each year more than 20,000 biologic testing reports are sent each and over 200 licenses products are supported by our biologics testing solutions team.
About Charles River
Charles River is an early-stage contract research organization (CRO). We have built upon our foundation of laboratory animal medicine and science to develop a diverse portfolio of discovery and safety assessment services, both Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) and non-GLP, to support clients from target identification through preclinical development. Charles River also provides a suite of products and services to support our clients’ clinical laboratory testing needs and manufacturing activities. Utilizing this broad portfolio of products and services enables our clients to create a more flexible drug development model, which reduces their costs, enhances their productivity and effectiveness to increase speed to market.
With over 14,000 employees within 80 facilities in 20 countries around the globe, we are strategically positioned to coordinate worldwide resources and apply multidisciplinary perspectives in resolving our client’s unique challenges. Our client base includes global pharmaceutical companies, biotechnology companies, government agencies and hospitals and academic institutions around the world. And in 2018, revenue increased by 22% to $2.27 billion from $1.86 billion in 2017.
At Charles River, we are passionate about our role in improving the quality of people’s lives. Our mission, our excellent science and our strong sense of purpose guide us in all that we do, and we approach each day with the knowledge that our work helps to improve the health and well-being of many across the globe. We have proudly supported the development of ~85% of the drugs approved by the FDA in 2018.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Charles River Laboratories is an Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/Disabled/Vet