Non-Profit Management Fall Internship
ISW Internship Program Overview
The Institute for the Study of War (ISW) is committed to training the next generation of national security leaders through its innovative educational programs. ISW is currently seeking motivated and experienced college students or recent graduates to join our intern team. ISW offers a wide range of internships across diverse research portfolios and departments, including Counterterrorism, Russia, Turkey, Iraq, and Syria. ISW also offers internships in National Security Innovation and Emerging Technologies and in non-profit management, including Development and External Relations.
Why Work for ISW: ISW is a watchtower for U.S. national security; it aims to improve America’s ability to formulate and execute sound strategies for our nation’s defense. Military and civilian decision-makers, U.S. armed forces, humanitarian organizations, and journalists regularly use ISW’s outstanding real time analysis of ongoing conflicts. ISW also educates the next generation of national security leaders through innovative educational programs.
Interns at ISW have an unparalleled opportunity to contribute to the growth of an organization, learn how a non-profit is run, and gain valuable project management experience at a fast-paced think tank. Our interns work directly with director-level leadership. They receive classroom education, regular leadership engagement, and a chance to work with cutting-edge technologies employed in business and the intelligence community. ISW views interns as an integral component of the team and has hired many interns onto its staff.
Non-Profit Management Internship: ISW’s Operations Team offers a unique opportunity to candidates interested in learning more about non-profit management with an eye towards national security. Interns will be immersed in the hands-on experience of working at a non-profit think tank in Washington D.C. They will be exposed to a wide variety of tasks related to non-profit operations and receive a formal training program taught by our leadership. Interns will work directly with ISW’s President Dr. Kimberly Kagan and the Director of Operations to assist in special projects and company initiatives as well as attend briefings and events across Washington D.C. The internship provides a great opportunity to train alongside a small and flexible management team operating in an engaging and fast-paced working environment.
- Candidates must be motivated and organized college students or recent graduates with demonstrated expertise in a related field;
- Candidates must possess excellent writing, editing, and oral communication skills;
- Candidates must display the ability to conduct complex tasks in a timely and efficient manner;
- Candidates should be self-motivated, independent, creative, and capable of working in a dynamic and fast-paced environment;
- Candidates must show commitment to - and interest in - the core mission and values of ISW;
- Candidates should preferably be available to work full-time (i.e. five days per week);
- Experience with Adobe products (InDesign, Illustrator) is a plus
Fall 2020 Internship Program Dates: August 31 -December 18, 2020