Associate – Quant Research, e-Rates
About BNP Paribas:
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. It has a presence in 72 countries, with more than 202,600 employees, of which almost 155,000 in Europe. The Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporates and institutional clients) to realize their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance.
In Europe, the Group has four domestic markets (Belgium, France, Italy and Luxembourg) and BNP Paribas Personal Finance is the European leader in consumer lending.
BNP Paribas is rolling out its integrated retail-banking model in Mediterranean countries, in Turkey, in Eastern Europe and a large network in the western part of the United States. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas also enjoys top positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas as well as a solid and fast-growing business in Asia-Pacific.
Global Market Quantitative ResearchTeam is responsible for most aspects of quantitative research within the Global Market universe, covering Interest Rates, FX, Credit, Equity. There are teams in London, New York and Asia supporting trading activities of the flow and structured desks. They are responsible for the development of pricing and risk models and their implementation in the global analytics library.
This is a front office quantitative analyst role with a focus on the products traded in Americas with continuous business interaction. The applicant will be expected to:
- Participate with the other members of the team in the global research and development effort on the e-rate products.
- Design and implement new pricing, hedges, and improve the existing ones in coordination with other members of the team.
- Support the desks on issues related to prices and trades.
- Take an active part in all front office activities by collaborating with other functions (Trading, Sales, IT and Market Risk) and Research globally.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Advanced degree (Master or PhD) in science or engineering;
- Strong analytical skills and technical background in mathematics, computer science or finance;
- Effective communication skills, ability and willingness to engage the business;
- Delivery focused and willingness to collaborate with other teams;
- Prior programming experience
FINRA Registrations Required:
BNP Paribas is committed to providing a work environment that fosters diversity, inclusion, and equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, gender, age, creed, sex, religion, national origin, disability (physical or mental), marital status, citizenship, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, or any other legally protected status.