Agribusiness Investment & Technical Support Consultant
AGD Consulting is a veteran-owned, strategic advisory firm servicing the global food and agriculture investment and technology sectors. Our team works with a broad spectrum of investors, managers and producers to help provide access to international agriculture and capital through an efficient and professional process.
AGD Consulting is looking for ambitious, well-spoken, and creative undergraduate students who are passionate about farmland, agribusiness, agtech and agricultural investing and looking to enter a career in consulting, research, or investment. Approximately 20 hours per week time commitment.
1. Research/Content Creation: Contribute thoughtfully in the areas of private equity (food, agtech, agribusiness), international agriculture (Latin America, Australia, Africa, Canada, and the US), and agribusiness market assessment and competitive positioning
2. Evaluation: Review and comment on proprietary deal flow, organize and analyze data, and conduct in-depth due diligence on prospective investments and operating partners
3. Identify: Promising investment opportunities through sector and/or regional landscape research and relationship building
- Relevant undergraduate degree in business, finance, economics or natural resources (including agriculture and forestry)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Presentation of previous written work required for consideration
- On-farm experience ideal, but not required
- Unwavering standard of personal and professional ethics and integrity. Intern will be dealing with confidentially sensitive clients and projects.
- Strong work ethic
- Detail oriented and organized
- Quick learner
Remote (some potential travel)
- Gain direct exposure to the consulting process, including: marketing, project and deal sourcing, due diligence and analysis, white paper/content research, materials generation and presentation of deliverables
- Learn and refine your financial, technical and agronomic writing and communications skills in a lean, fast-moving team with real, meaningful projects
- Have the opportunity to put your name on a final work product with publications such as Global AgInvesting, Agri Investor, AgFunder, and New Ag International.
- Specific topics could include how agricultural investments fit into a private equity portfolio or investing in international agribusiness
- Build and maintain direct industry relationships from founders, business leaders, entrepreneurs and market leaders
- Potential full-time position