Agricultural Loan Closer
Role Value Proposition:
MetLife Investment Management (MIM) is a premier asset manager with breadth across various asset sectors and global markets, and strong asset-liability management capabilities. With a $500 billion combined domestic and international general account portfolio and a multi-billion dollar annual cash flow, Investments is an important contributor to MetLife’s financial performance. The primary objective of MIM is to maximize MetLife’s long-term economic value by investing in assets that support the company’s liabilities and produce a consistent stream of operating earnings.
Global Real Estate and Agricultural Finance maintain a portfolio invested in commercial real estate and agricultural mortgages, as well as real estate equities. The loan asset manager is responsible for the workflow which impacts accurate and timely completion of loan origination and servicing functions related to the MetLife Agricultural Finance portfolio. This position requires significant attention to detail as well as a strong real estate-oriented technical skill set. A strong background in dealing with complex legal documents supporting both simple and complex real estate transactions is a must. This position must manage multiple and competing priorities in a complex, fast-paced environment.
- With support of in-house and outside counsel, negotiates, assembles and processes accurate mortgage and loan closing documents consistently, in a timely manner, and in compliance with MetLife’s policies.
- Work collaboratively with deal team, in house and outside legal and senior management ensuring closing documents accurately reflect loan approval.
- Collaborate with mortgage team members, brokers, property owners, attorneys and other transaction counterparts to perform due diligence including, but not limited to, legal description review and reconciliation, review of exceptions to title policies, easements, supply agreements, and other agreements that potentially impact loan collateral.
- Verifies borrower information, including trust agreements, corporation resolutions, lease agreements, etc is accurate and current.
- Responsible for OFAC and Know Your Customer due diligence.
- Responsible for platting collateral based on legal description.
- Responsible for all post-closing follow up with respect to any outstanding issues, including receipt of recorded documents and accurate title policy with endorsements.
- Analyzes and verifies accuracy and reasonableness of terms set forth in loan applications.
- May provide secondary support to the loan servicing team.
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field (agriculture, or business/finance) or equivalent experience
- At least 2-5 years relevant experience
- Experience in real estate finance, including preparing loan documents, closing loans and loan servicing.
- Knowledge of complex loan terms
- Ability to plat collateral from legal description
- Results oriented team player. Emphasis on communication skills (both oral and written) and ability to handle multiple assignments.
- Strong quantitative and computer skills, specifically Excel.
- Great attention to detail and accuracy
- Preference given to candidates who have relevant experience (strong knowledge of Excel, Word, PowerPoint and ESRI ArcGIS).