Join our growing team!
A career with A Place for Mom is an opportunity for you to join a rapidly expanding company committed to making a difference for seniors and their families. A Place for Mom is an online platform connecting families searching for senior care services with a team of experienced advisors providing in sight-driven and personalized solutions. Our mission, as the leader in senior care advisory, is to be a trusted destination for families and our community customers. We are a quickly growing organization with over 500 advisors connecting more than 300K families every year to one of our community customers.
Living by our values and working to achieve excellence on behalf of our customers is integral to success at A Place for Mom. Employees who thrive at A Place for Mom live our values every day and are an important part of our hiring practices:
- Focus on Excellence
- Act with Integrity & Assume Positive Intent
- Drive Outcomes Every Day with Passion and A Sense of Mission
- Make the Lives of our Families and Customers Better, Easier and More Successful
- Realize the Full Potential in Each Team Member. Work as a Single Supportive Team
Based in Kansas City, we are seeking a rock star Copywriter who is an expert in developing and implementing effective digital content and understanding content’s critical role in the digital customer experience ecosystem. The copywriter will provide customers with educational and conversion-focused content that supports the overall customer journey, enabling them to make informed decisions related to long-term care. The copywriter will be experienced using data-driven strategies to develop and enhance content strategy that serves APFM’s business goals. Success in this role will lead to increased conversions and traffic from online channels that result in driving revenue and contribute to APFM’s financial targets.
Who you are:
You are passionate, outcome-oriented and eager to join a growing team. You don't mind rolling up your sleeves and doing what it takes. In fact, you can’t remember the last time your sleeves were down. You have a proven history of writing and publishing content that drove meaningful business impact, yet were flexible enough to incorporate meaningful feedback into your work. You’re fluent in the performance metrics that guide the success of content and welcome the opportunity to implement a data-driven content strategy.
What you will do:
- Develop high-quality content pieces that target ideal customer segments and drive conversion
- Provide content revision/creation recommendations that help the business achieve strategic revenue goals that is based on competitive assessments, audience segmentation, SEO data, and site metrics.
- Work with Content SEO teams to identify areas for customer acquisition and develop engaging content to convert users.
- Ideate content topics with other departments to increase traffic and enhance user engagement.
- Identify and prioritize opportunities for improvement in conversions along the customer journey.
- Identify and document the content needs of key audiences, across all stages of the customer journey, in the form of content-actionable personas and journeys.
- Meet content goals and performance metrics with a view to ongoing content optimization.
- Champion customer experiences at all touchpoints using internal funnel metrics data.
- Work with editorial calendar to align site releases with product launches, promotions, and more.
Required Skills and Competencies:
- B.S. Degree in English, Journalism, Communications, or applicable field is required.
- 2 years or more of proven experience driving successful content initiatives that drive traffic, drive engagement, and drive conversion for brands.
- Experience with content management systems, digital asset management, databases and SEO
- Skilled at information collection and discovery; demonstrated ability to develop practical, workable solutions.
- Skilled at learning and applying new technology tools.
- Highly collaborative: Able to work across functions, geographies, and organizational levels to develop solutions; engages and involves key stakeholders when needed.
- Superior oral and written communication skills
- Ability to develop content that aligns with multiple customer segments.