Coordinator, Humanitarian Funding
The Coordinator supports the day-to-day administrative and operational needs of Save the Children’s Humanitarian Strategy, Quality, and Innovation team. The Coordinator works with the Associate Director, Humanitarian Funding Strategy, and Specialist, Global Humanitarian Funding, to meet finance and programmatic compliance. The Coordinator also works closely with the Associate Director in supporting the Children’s Emergency Fund, Halaby-Murphy, and on-going appeal funding.
Essential Duties, Responsibilities and Impact
Emergency Designated Funds Management (40%)
- Create new records/Fund Summaries for non-pooled allocations
- Review Funds Available Report and update Fund Summaries or Member to Member (M2M) for designated contributions (non-pooled allocations) on a regular basis
- Coordinate with Finance, Grants & Contracts and SCI country offices and relevant technical teams as applicable to ensure timely project closeouts. This includes completion of AMS Close-out checklist and closing awards in AMS.
- Review Funds Available reports of designated contributions and reconciles balances of SCI and SCUS ledgers
- Escalate issues or risks as appropriate.
- Serve as main point of contact on designated awards for SCI Country Offices and collaborate with Associate Director, Humanitarian Funding, to ensure timely and effective communications and follow up for financial and award matters.
- Complete data entry and follow all processes to ensure funds can be tracked on SCUS and SCI systems (including AMS and Agresso)
- Adapt and provide input into new processes and systems as they are developed
- Work with Finance and relevant CO staff to monitor rate of spending and rejected transactions resolve issues in timely and accurate manner
- Support timely start-up of projects
- Coordinate with COs to ensure timely, accurate reporting to donors, if applicable
- Under the guidance of the Associate Director, prepare and support sub-grant agreements to SC Member and Non IP Domestic members or partners as needed, including wire transfers and ad hoc support.
Coordinate Flexible Funding Request and Review Process (30%)
- Receive, log, and track flexible funding requests for the Department of Humanitiarian Response.
- Schedules bi-weekly and ad hoc meetings in order to review flexible funding requests.
- Compile notes and communicate decisions of Flexible Funding Request Meetings.
- Using the funds available report, update Flexible Funding Tracker on a monthly basis and track allocation decisions
- Prepare budget transfer list for review by Associate Director, and work with Financial Planning and Analysis to ensure that all budget transfers are entered and approved during the limited budget transfer window
- Work with Save the Children International (SCI), SCUS Finance, and country offices to transfer funding allocations and support the movement of allocations through SCUS and SCI systems
- Work with Grants & Contracts Policy and Compliance, Resource Development, and Finance on new SOF set up in order to facilitate seamless financial movement of flexible funding as Agency systems and processes evolve
Administrative and Financial Support (30%)
- Support the Associate Director with the Award Management System (AMS) records and workflows for bilaterally funded SOFs and private global awards
- Assist with and process Member to Member agreements and funds transfers as needed
- Assist with processing Agency Financial Help Desk requests (new or revised coding, wire transfers, reclasses, etc)
- Input into DHR and Agency dashboards
- Schedule and take minutes for regular and ad hoc meetings for the unit
- Assist unit leads with administrative and financial tasks as needed
- Provide Administrative Approvals
- AMS VP box
- Minimum 2-3 years’ of relevant experience, to include experience in office and/or team support (such as data entry, , scheduling, tracking of deliverables)
- Experience using Excel for purposes of tracking business financial information
- Organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and ensure timely completion of short- and long-term projects
Interest in working with non-profit financial information
Training or coursework in accounting or finance
Ability to work in a deadline driven environment
Why you should join the Save the Children Team…
Save the Children US offers outstanding benefits that include health, dental, vision and life insurances, pet insurance, short-term and long-term disability coverage, an Employee Assistance Program, 403(b), generous vacation, personal sick leave, family leave, parental/adoption leave, commuter benefits, dress for your day, and much more.
Click here to learn more about how Save the Children US will invest in YOU!
About Save the Children