Junior Data Analyst
Junior Data Analyst: Chicago, IL
Circle Logistics is looking for college graduates in analytical or insight-focused fields to join our business analytics team and employ their skills on a wide range of projects. The analyst will be responsible for gathering and interpreting data to develop operational tools and reports for both internal management and clients. Additional responsibilities include maintaining a strong grasp and current market knowledge of shipping lanes, geography, and seasonality. Maintain, organize, and communicate as a project leader to ensure customer expectations, requirements, and timelines are met.
Prior to being placed on the team, you will be involved in an extensive, full-time, hands-on training program that will introduce you to the logistics industry and our operations here at Circle.
What will you do?
- Serve as the point of contact for data-related requests and activities.
- Design and present a variety of transportation and logistics-related data analyses for clients and internal teams.
- Work with external clients and internal co-workers to support and improve existing applications and process
- Measure and analyze carrier lane history and performance.
- Develop and assess metrics associated with load planning effectiveness.
- Develop and assess account quality metrics - measurement and trending insights.
- Monthly carrier scorecard reporting analysis.
- Identify and analyze weekly carrier performance and trends.
- Assist with establishing prices for contracted customers.
- Provide timely and accurate submission of bids, RFP’s, and projects
- Track, oversee, and own responsibility for all DEALS in Hubspot throughout the entire Deal’s lifecycle
- Provide analytical feedback with executives and stakeholders to help define and document business needs and solutions.
What are we looking for?
- College degree in Finance, Statistics, Computer Science, MIS, Economics, or similar.
- Extensive Knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Access.
- Excellent quantitative, analytical, and reasoning skills.
- Well-developed written & oral communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to identify processes, functions, and procedures requiring improvement, then develop and execute appropriate solutions.
- Strong work ethic with the capability to work independently as well as on a team.
What's in it for you?
- Part of a new, young, and growing team where your ideas will make a difference.
- Creative autonomy; the ability to start your own projects that add value.
- Benefits - Health, Dental, Vision, and 401K
- Competitive salary bonuses.
- On-site training and career development.
- Room for advancement in a fast-growing company that promotes from within.
- Casual dress code and Free Parking downtown!!