Social Media Fall Internship
The person in this role will assist with managing NARAL Pro-Choice America’s social media channels. This includes assistance with creating content, building social media strategy, monitoring social channels, and identifying opportunities for online advocacy; as well as tracking our performance and analyzing data to optimize content.
Applications will be accepted June 8th, 2020 reviewed ongoing through Aug 1st.
Location: Washington, DC *Due to COVID 19 the nature of in-person work environments and stay at home remote work are constantly changing. We are making accommodations to have remote internships however, you must be able to work hours set in Eastern Time Zone. Home office Stipend will be given in lieu of transportation stipend.
This position is: Internship, Hourly rate of $15/hr and $50 monthly metro stipend provided
Internship Date: Internship Date: Start date September 8th, 2020 end date flexible on or after December 11th, 2020
Reports to: Social Media Specialist
- Assist with drafting and posting content on NARAL Pro-Choice America’s national social media accounts, including Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram and YouTube.
- Help identify strategic opportunities to engage with our users on social media in fresh and unique ways.
- Monitor developments and breaking news as it pertains to social media content.
- Research trends and updates to social media platforms and content strategy as they emerge.
- Managing our community of online supporters through comment moderation, responding to inquiries, and directing supporters to appropriate staff.
- Assist in preparing reports that track and analyze our social media activities and effectiveness and use those findings to help inform ideas of how we can improve our outreach and interactions.
- Manage the organization of multimedia files, such as video files, event photographs, and digital graphics.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Active social media user.
- Experience with non-profit social media or digital communication preferred.
- Demonstrated interest in reproductive health and related issues.
- Strong written and oral communication skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, and to efficiently manage multiple tasks and timelines simultaneously.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and Google Drive.
- Experience working with diverse groups, working with a multicultural workforce, and sensitivity to and appreciation of cultural differences.
- Clear understanding of, and commitment to, NARAL’s mission and goals.
- Currently enrolled in or recently completed an accredited undergraduate or graduate degree program, please note we cannot accept applications from persons having graduated more than 6 months before their start date;
- Must be available to work a min of 20 hours per week, a minimum of 4 hours a day on days working, full time preferred
NARAL Pro-Choice America does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, socioeconomic status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, or political affiliation. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this position, please submit a resume, substantive cover letter by Aug1st by completing the following form. Selected candidates will be notified for interviews beginning the week of August 1st.
For questions or problems with your form please email email@example.com Please include “Fall 2020 Social Media Internship” in the subject line