Medical Records Clerk
The Allure Group is hiring!
We are seeking a Medical Records Clerk available to work at our Skilled Nursing Facility located in Brooklyn, NY.
Apply Today! Give yourself an opportunity for professional growth, continuing education and career advancement.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receive and follow work schedule/instructions from your supervisor and as outlined in our established policies and procedures.
- Assist in organizing, planning and directing the medical records section in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Assist in the orientation program for all personnel in accordance with our policies and procedures.
- Assist the Medical Records Consultant as required.
- Maintain minutes of meetings/files as necessary.
- Develop and maintain a good working rapport with inter-department personnel, as well as other departments within the facility, to assure that medical records can be properly maintained.
- Assist in recording all incidents/accidents. File in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Collect, assemble, check and file resident charts and personnel records as required.
- Ensure that schedules are followed as outlined for respective shift/area.
- Ensure incomplete records/charts are returned to nursing service for correction.
- Assist in developing procedures to ensure records are properly completed, coded, signed, indexed, etc., before filing.
- Follow established policies and procedures for the medical records section.
- Establish a procedure to ensure charts/records do not leave the section except as authorized in our policies and procedures.
- Maintain a record of authorized information taken from charts/records, i.e., type information, name of recipient, date, department, etc.
- Abstract information from records as authorized/required for insurance companies, Medicare, Medicaid, VA, etc.
- Index medical records as directed by the medical records consultant.
- Maintain various registries as directed including register for admission and discharge of residents.
- Type reports for physicians as necessary.
- Collect charts, assemble them in proper order, and inspect them for completion.
- Perform miscellaneous duties pertaining to medical records and assist business office personnel as required/directed.
- Assist in admission, transfer and discharge procedures as necessary.
- Answer telephone inquiries concerning medical records functions. Prepare written correspondence as necessary.
- Retrieve medical records when requested by authorized personnel (i.e., physicians, nurses, government agencies and personnel, etc.)
- Assure that medical records taken from the department are signed out and signed in upon return to the department.
- File active and inactive records in accordance with established policies.
- Index medical records as directed.
- Assume the administrative authority, responsibility, and accountability of performing the assigned duties of the Medical Records Clerk.
- Other related duties and responsibilities that may become necessary or appropriate to meet the administrative needs of this facility.
- Perform secretarial duties for committees of the facility as directed.
- Collect and assemble/compile records for committee review, as requested, and prepare reports for staff/other committees as directed.
- Must possess, as a minimum, a high school diploma.
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel, residents, visitors and the general public.
- Must possess the ability to work harmoniously with other personnel.
- Be able to follow written and oral instructions.