Mental Health Admissions Specialist - Entry Level
Position: Entry Level Mental Health Admissions Specialist
Location: Saint Louis, MO
Avenica is currently recruiting for an Entry Level Mental Health Admissions Specialist. The ideal candidate for this position is a college graduate interested in gaining experience in healthcare or the mental health field. Great opportunities for professional development and career growth. No experience required.
Responsibilities of the Entry Level Mental Health Admissions Specialist:
- Demonstrate empathy, compassion, validation and active listening in order to ‘sense’ and respond to each caller’s individual needs.
- Respond to a broad spectrum of questions from prospective clients, family members and referral sources including treatment approach and options, support services and community resources
- Register participants in the advocacy system and opens case files
- Screen participants and provider requests for services
- Educate participants with respect to parameters of services and benefits design and claim process
- Assist and supports care managers in the handling of crisis calls
- Provides follow-up calls to participants to assess level of service satisfaction
- Complete service tracking and initiates the Concern, Compliant, Grievance (CCG) process
- Assist Intake Coordinator, provides mentoring, and assists in training when necessary
- Participates in clinical/intake staff meeting and in-service seminars
Requirements of the Entry Level Mental Health Admissions Specialist:
- Bachelor’s degree is required: Psychology, Sociology, Social Work, Family Communication or Public Health.
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to collaborate and work effectively with individuals, strengthening relationships to achieve best possible solutions
- Ability to understand client and business partner needs and challenges and apply creative and logical approach to identify solutions
- Ability to receive and understand direction, ask questions when appropriate, and manage time to work effectively and independently
- Highly motivated with initiative to actively seek opportunities to broaden knowledge and improve skills
- Strong counseling skills – must demonstrate warmth and empathy with client
- Strong conflict-resolution skills – must be able to tolerate irate callers or those who are in a crisis
- Flexible and creative problem-solver – every call is different, so candidate must be able to be comfortable “thinking on their feet"
- Strong receptiveness to feedback from supervisor and mentor
- Self-directed and independent, coupled with good judgment in making decisions
Career Path/Opportunities for growth:
- Company puts strong emphasis on internal career development
- Lead Personal Advocate/Sr. Lead Personal Advocate - responsible for new employee training
- Team Leader - management for Advocate teams
- Case Coordinator – acts as liaison between care management team and clients
- Care Manager (requires Master’s degree in Psychology)
- Account Reps, Wellness Coordinator Reps, Human Resources, and/or other positions within business structure