Consumer Loan Collector (1371)
American National Bank is looking for a new Consumer Loan Collector to be responsible for initiating, pursuing and ensuring prompt collection of direct and indirect installment loans. We are seeking an individual with at least 2 years previous banking experience in a customer facing role possessing strong communication skills.
Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Communicates with delinquent borrowers in attempting to obtain late payments, using the telephone and letter writing as the primary means of contact.
- Receives and reviews a listing of all delinquent installment loans.
- Refers delinquent borrowers to lender or underwriter in cases of refinancing.
- Prepares reports and summaries indicating the type and status of delinquent accounts and collection activities.
- Achieves compliance certification and uses knowledge of compliance/CRA regulations in day-to-day activities.
- Outside collections, including repossession and reports associated with these activities.
Experience and Education
- 2 years collections experience preferred OR 2 years banking experience in a customer facing role preferred
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Working knowledge of consumer debt collection regulations with general knowledge of the principles of consumer installment lending.
- Ability to discuss sensitive financial situations in a tactful manner to resolve the delinquent status.
- Excellent communication (oral and written).
- Strict adherence to bank organizational structure, policies and operating procedures.
- Strong ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Basic computer skills with ability to learn core banking system and maintain working knowledge of MS Office.
- Strong attention to detail and highly organized while focusing on work quality.
- Ability to establish priorities and meet deadlines.