Commercial Loan Collector (1322)
American National Bank is looking for a new Commercial Loan Collector to initiate, pursue and ensure prompt collection of commercial loans. The ideal individual will possess previous collections experience and banking experience along with a high attention to detail.
Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Communicates with delinquent borrowers in attempting to obtain late payments, using the telephone, letters and in person appointments as assigned
- Receives and reviews a listing of all delinquent commercial loans
- Makes initial determinations as to feasibility of refinancing or workout
- Reports to manager the type and status of delinquent accounts and collection issues
- Achieves compliance certification and use knowledge of compliance regulations, mainly Reg B and Z, in day-to-day activities
- Performs outside collections, assessments and valuations of collateral and business assets
- Communicates with SBA, legal counsel and other third parties regarding loan collection activities.
- Ensures adherence to department guidelines, policies and procedures.
Experience and Education
- Two years commercial collections experience and/or five or more years other collections experience preferred
- Previous banking or other financial experience preferred
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Knowledge of federal and state law governing loan collections including federal bankruptcy code, Fair Debt Collections Act, Reg B, Reg Z, and Uniform Commercial Code regarding collections on non-consumer debt
- Ability to discuss sensitive financial situations in a tactful manner to resolve the delinquent status
- Excellent communication (oral and written)
- Ability to perform responsibilities of this position while adhering to bank policies, procedures and structure
- Strong ability to maintain confidentiality
- Basic computer skills with the ability to learn the core banking system and maintain working knowledge of MS Office
- Strong attention to detail and highly organized while focusing on work quality
- Ability to establish priorities and meet deadlines