GIS Analyst Internship
Who We Are:
We are a Private Equity backed strategy, building a leading commercial landscape enterprise across Mid-America through purposeful acquisitions and robust organic growth. We deliver the ordinary in extraordinary ways, by operating our business with a shared vision of excellence. We acquire companies in attractive markets who share a common culture of excellence and success.
We are seeking eager and dynamic undergraduate or graduate students with ArcGIS experience for a paid GIS Analyst Internship program which will contribute to and collaborate with many different functions of an upstart, entrepreneurial organization undergoing rapid growth.
The ideal candidate will possess solid analytical, communication and interpersonal skills. This Analyst will have the opportunity to be involved in ongoing acquisitions, market analysis, and other strategic initiatives, working closely with various senior leaders with exposure to the C-Suite. The Analyst will work across all business functions including: Business Development, Human Resources, IT, Mergers & Acquisitions Operations, and Strategy.
The Analyst will have the opportunity to interact closely with all levels of the organization as well multiple outside parties, including Private Equity firms, Investment Banks, Vendors, and various other stakeholders.
This position will be based in our corporate headquarters in downtown Kansas City, Missouri, just a block away from the Power & Light District.
· Gather, cleanse, and analyze large amounts of geodata and create meaningful maps and reports in order to guide the direction of projects
· Facilitate status update meetings and gain project management understanding and skills
· Work directly with consultants and vendors in gathering information, recommending opportunities, and engaging in guided negotiations
· Focus on enhancing executive office capabilities to realize efficient and effective organizational synergies across the business portfolio
· Document processes and procedures, and analyze for efficiencies
· Opportunity to work on other Strategic and Acquisition projects
· Ad hoc analytics/reporting, special projects scheduling/coordinating, etc.
Desired Skills & Experience:
· Prior experience in some format of ArcGIS required
· Prior experience in ArcGIS Web, ArcGIS Business Analyst, Google MyMaps, Google Earth and related GIS applications preferred
· Proficient in Microsoft applications; Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint
· Experience with SQL, VBA, Python, R, or related languages a plus
· Strong written, oral and interpersonal skills; ability to communicate complex information effectively
· Self-Starter, ability to immediately handle multiple projects simultaneously
· Creative, energetic thinker, ability to work effectively absent step-by-step instructions; ability to think quickly and thoroughly
· Strong attention to detail; ability to do deep analytical work
· Natural aptitude for accuracy, organization and an adherence to deadlines
· Ability to be ‘hands-on’ and highly collaborative with problem solving
· Good organization and project planning skills; juggle multiple priorities
· Flow charting experience or understanding will be important.
Other Relevant Information / Benefits:
· Successful Analysts will be welcomed to continue to work during subsequent spring/fall academic periods
· The Analyst’s compensation will meet or exceed the average rates provided by the University for similar internships
· The position offers limited unpaid vacation time and may afford some opportunity for travel
· Priority will be given to students who possess the ability to begin during the current Summer academic period and continue into the Fall period
· All majors with ArcGIS experience are encouraged to apply
· Academic credit is available for this position