Administrative & Marketing Assistant/Billing Specialist
This multi-faceted role serves as the public face of boutique Chicago law firm, Fischel Kahn and offers the ability to grow skillsets in a number of key areas.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Facilitating key interactions between attorneys and clients by drafting correspondence, fielding client inquiries, scheduling client meetings and staffing the reception desk.
- Overseeing key aspects of the firm’s billing processes, including managing attorney time entry, client invoicing and pre-bills, processing payments, creating reports and managing account inquiries and disputes.
- Leading the firm’s marketing efforts including developing web and social media copy, making website updates via WordPress, creating business development materials and working with an outside marketing agency.
- Scheduling and aiding with client meetings including on-site coordinating of mediations.
- Communicating with building management, IT vendors and other service providers to troubleshoot issues and ensure operations are running smoothly.
- Ability to work effectively with colleagues and clients
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Ability to adapt to changing environment
- Strong problem-solving and time-management skills
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple responsibilities
- Ability to be proactive in appropriate situations
- Ability to take and apply feedback
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite programs and willingness to learn additional software
- Previous law firm and/or billing experience preferred
- Relevant Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent combination of education and experience
What to Expect
- The chance to enhance your skillset in a multitude of areas
- Competitive salary and bonus with benefits, including health care, vacation time, holiday pay and 401K packages
- Direct report to the firm’s Accounting Manager