Associate Website Merchandiser - Pottery Barn
About the Team
We’re responsible for delivering a best in class site experience and the flagship expression of the brand online. We are customer experience obsessed and use data, customer insights, and intuition to drive the optimization loop and delivery of P&L objectives. We are responsible for delivering easy, inspiring product discovery and helpful, intuitive, content-rich product pages. We collaborate closely with merchandising, inventory, creative, brand marketing, site operations, and technology to deliver seamless, friction-free, inspiring shopping online. We’re also responsible for ensuring the site is delivering a consistent marketing narrative with all channels.
About the Role
This position is responsible for site and catalog initiatives that will help our brand meet sales and margin goals. This person is responsible for developing, managing, and optimizing the online merchandising and marketing programs for our website. They will propose and implement merchandising strategies online, manage product ranking, hierarchies, and seasonal product launches. Also, this person will own coordinating cross-functional catalog proofing sessions, spread strategy, shot list per spread, promotion implementation, and the communication with the producer.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will...
- Lead the site merchandise presentation and site customer experience
- Ensure a consistent customer experience between all channels
- Drive the web product presentation: images, copy, product ranking, supercats, etc.
- Build out a site map and make suggestions to rename categories, open shops if necessary
- Calendar out and drive process for the timely launch of products, site enhances, etc.
- Manage product ranking, cross-sell, up-sell and optimization sitewide
- Analyze key site metrics and make informed recommendations: top landing pages, bounce pages, exit rates, $ index.
- Schedule cross-functional meetings to gain buy-in and alignment
- Test new pages, new products, email content and okay for implementation
- Create and manage site dashboard for key site paths, recommends optimization opportunities
- Partner with Merchandising and Inventory Management team to develop email calendar to support the merchandising strategy
- Write creative briefs that include campaign objectives, messaging, and product recommendations.
- Develop compelling email campaigns and action-inducing that ultimately enhances page views, site visits, click-through rate, open rates, and conversion
- Track and analyze email metrics and apply learning’s to future emails to improve productivity
- Develop seasonal site plans that include photography shot lists, supercats, ranking, navigation changes, new categories, on line execution of brand promotions
- Optimize processes across functions
- Schedule and manage catalog proofing sessions
- Create a spread strategy
- Spearhead and communicate shot list per spread
- Lead promotion planning and implementation
Why you will love working at Williams-Sonoma, Inc.
- We’re a successful, fast-growing company with an entrepreneurial vibe
- A technologically and data-driven business
- Competitive salaries and comprehensive health benefits
- We’re at the forefront of tech and retail, redefining technology for the next generation
- We’re passionate about our internal and external clients and live/breathe the client experience
- We get to be creative daily
- A smart, experienced leadership team that wants to do it right and is open to new ideas
- We believe in autonomy and reward taking the initiative
- We have fun!
We’re excited about you because...
- Bachelors degree plus 3 - 5 years in retail e-commerce and e-marketing
- Proven track record of developing and implementing online initiatives
- Strong understanding of internet-based consumer behavior and direct marketing principles.
- Strong analytical skills: ability to think objectively, use data to make decisions
- Able to build constructive and effective relationships with a broad group of business partners
- Excellent written, problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Demonstrate strong business ownership, works well independently and self-motivated
Technical Competencies require:
- Highly literate in Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Ability to sit for prolonged periods
- Ability to type on a keyboard and operate a PC
- Ability to converse over a telephone
- Ability to transport materials or equipment or lifting, moving, carrying objects up to 50 pounds on a limited basis
- Ability to work in an office and perform in a corporate environment
About Williams-Sonoma, Inc.
Founded in 1956, Williams-Sonoma, Inc. is the premier specialty retailer of high-quality products for the home. Our family of brands includes Williams Sonoma, Pottery Barn, Pottery Barn Kids, PBteen, West Elm, Williams-Sonoma Home, Rejuvenation, and Mark and Graham. These brands are among the best known and most respected in the industry. We offer beautifully-designed, stylish, and functional products for every area of the home, including the kitchen, living room, bedroom, home office, closet, laundry room, and even outdoor spaces. We've seen some big changes since our first brick-and-mortar store opened more than half of a century ago. What hasn't changed is our passion for high-quality products, functional design, outstanding customer service, and enhancing the lives of our customers and the communities where we operate. In 2017, we acquired Outward, Inc., a 3-D imaging and augmented reality platform for the home furnishings and décor industry. Today, we're a multi-brand, multi-channel, global enterprise supported by state-of-the-art technology and some of the most talented teams in retailing - and we're always looking for new energy and ideas.
Once you are here, you can look forward to a wide variety of benefits designed to help you grow, personally and professionally, to keep you healthy, to prepare you for the unexpected, to care for your family, and to build a secure future. Depending on your position and your location, here’s a look at what you might be eligible for:
- A generous discount on all Williams Sonoma Inc. brands through multiple shopping channels
- A 401(k) plan and other investment opportunities
- Paid vacations, holidays and other time-off programs
- Health benefits, including health, dental and vision insurance; health and dependent care tax-free spending accounts; medical, family and bereavement leave; same-sex domestic partner benefits; short- and long-term disability programs; life and travel insurance; an employee assistance program
- Tax-free commuter benefits
- A wellness program that supports your physical, financial and emotional health
- In-person and online learning opportunities through WSI University
- Cross-brand and cross-function career opportunities
- Location-specific sample sales
- A business casual work environment
- San Francisco based bike-share program
- Time off to volunteer
- Matching donations to qualifying nonprofit organizations
- Company-sponsored community involvement
- Various discounts on local businesses
WSI will not now or in the future commence an immigration case or "sponsor" an individual for this position (for example, H-1B or other employment-based immigration
This role is not eligible for relocation assistance.
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Williams-Sonoma, Inc. will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, or other applicable state or local laws and ordinances.