Strategic Planning Analyst - Williams Sonoma
About the Team
The Strategic Planning team is under the WS brand finance team. We are the liaison across each of our cross-functional teams and ensures that the daily sales plans and promotional cadence are aligned to achieve the financial plan.
About the Role
This position is responsible for supporting the Inventory Planning and Merchant teams to drive topline sales and maximize profitability. The analyst in this position will have the opportunity to build tools and drive processes that bridge bottoms up sales plans to top line financial goals.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will...
· Create and develop tools and process for analyzing the Williams-Sonoma business.
· Manage and maintain large sets of data and ensure accuracy.
· Develop reports to inform and influence business decisions resulting in profitable results.
· Provide insights and recommendations on promotional activities.
· Support planning team on forecasting and managing Open-To-Buy roll ups.
Why you will love working at Williams-Sonoma, Inc.
· We’re a successful, fast-growing company with an entrepreneurial vibe
· A technologically and data-driven business
· Competitive salaries and comprehensive health benefits
· We’re at the forefront of tech and retail, redefining technology for the next generation
· We’re passionate about our internal and external clients and live/breathe the client experience
· We get to be creative daily
· A smart, experienced leadership team that wants to do it right and is open to new ideas
· We believe in autonomy and reward taking initiative
· We have fun!
We’re excited about you because...
· 1-2 years of Business Analyst experience in Inventory Management.
· A result oriented individual with strong problem-solving skills.
· Ability to manage large data sets from multiple systems.
· Strength in communicating cross-functionally and presenting in small to medium groups.
· Familiarity in retail math, metrics, and inventory planning (i.e. OTB, Forecasting)
Technical Competencies required:
· Strong logical and analytical skills.
· Ability to read and write SQL queries.
· Experience in advanced Excel and Access techniques.
· Proficient in Power Query, Power Pivot, and VBA Macros.
· Strong understanding of data logic and data structure.
· Experience in building databases is a plus.
· 5+ years of Business Analyst experience in the retail industry is a plus.
Once you are here, you can look forward to a wide variety of benefits designed to help you grow, personally and professionally, to keep you healthy, to prepare you for the unexpected, to care for your family and to build a secure future. Depending on your position and your location, here’s a look at what you might be eligible for:
- A generous discount on all Williams Sonoma Inc. brands through multiple shopping channels
- A 401(k) plan and other investment opportunities
- Paid vacations, holidays and other time-off programs
- Health benefits, including health, dental and vision insurance; health and dependent care tax-free spending accounts; medical, family and bereavement leave; same-sex domestic partner benefits; short- and long-term disability programs; life and travel insurance; an employee assistance program
- Tax-free commuter benefits
- A wellness program that supports your physical, financial and emotional health
- In-person and online learning opportunities through WSI University
- Cross-brand and cross-function career opportunities
- Location specific sample sales
- A business casual work environment
- San Francisco based bike share program
- Time off to volunteer
- Matching donations to qualifying nonprofit organizations
- Company-sponsored community involvement
- Various discounts on local businesses
WSI will not now or in the future commence an immigration case or "sponsor" an individual for this position (for example, H-1B or other employment-based immigration
This role is not eligible for relocation assistance.
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Williams-Sonoma, Inc. will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, or other applicable state or local laws and ordinances.