Social Media intern
Forward-thinking, non-profit organization looking for an intern with strong knowledge and understanding of the digital media landscape, including various social media websites. Our organization is currently implementing some exciting programs and will soon launch a social media campaign. Social Media Interns must have a true passion for social media, technology, trends and innovation in the digital and social space. The intern hired for this position will need strong critical thinking and writing skills.
· Monitoring and improving the functionality of social media accounts that is already in existence.
· Assist with day-to-day community management, fan engagement, page and content moderation, and general outreach using Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, and more.
· Monitor and post on blogs, forums, and social networks.
· Research: assist with basic research as needed in order to engage the community and to investigate any trending activities within the community.
· Website and social media optimization.
· Keyword analysis.
· Working knowledge of and experience with online networks (including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Google, Tumblr, MySpace etc.)
· Obsessive attention to detail.
· Must have exceptional traditional writing and grammatical skills and a flair for communicating in all social media channels.
· Talented writer with ability to write succinct, intelligent, creative and fun copy.
· Must be detail oriented, team player and technologically savvy
· Fast Learner
- This is an unpaid internship.
- College Credit provided.
- Intern will work remotely, on his/her own computer
- Opportunities for increased responsibility, including writing and sales