Life Actuarial Intern
The Actuarial Practice of Oliver Wyman is seeking to hire an actuarial intern for Summer 2021 to support our life insurance business in the following offices: Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Hartford, Kansas City, New York, Seattle, and Toronto. In your cover letter, please indicate your office preference. This individual will have the opportunity to work alongside and learn from Oliver Wyman’s industry leaders and experienced consultants, and gaining broad industry exposure with Oliver Wyman’s clients, which include insurance companies, investment banks, law firms, state regulators, and private equity firms. The candidate will be expected to use his or her analytical skills within a team environment to analyze complex problems and develop workable solutions.
Specific tasks may include:
• Create and analyze financial projections in the support of M&A due diligence, capital market transactions, life and annuity product development or industry presentations
• Compile data, develop spreadsheet exhibits, perform basic analysis, and summarize internet research
• Working toward Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Finance or a related field
• Prefer one or more actuarial exams passed
• Professional experience preferred
• Strong technical knowledge (MS Excel, MS Access or another database software, VBA or another programming language)
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Ability to quickly process and learn new concepts
Oliver Wyman is committed to the principles for equal employment opportunity and complies with all relevant federal, state, and local laws.