National Sales Director - Branded Apparel Division
PAI is now seeking a self-motivated and relational National Sales Director for the Branded Apparel Line of Business, a B2B solutions provider of process and supply chain capabilities for globally recognized brands. PAI’s sales strategy calls for expanding relationships with current customers and cultivating new customer relationships to successfully sell programs. Each program is a unique sale and confidently selling PAI’s capabilities leveraged through an integrated supply chain is what makes PAI a leader in our industry. Our commitment to this approach requires the right sales leader who loves not only “the hunt,” but also the “client journey” within a highly-technical and consultative sales process. In addition to developing and implementing a line of business-wide sales strategy, our Director of Sales & Marketing will partner closely with PAI’s operations leaders, business unit managers and customer service representatives to maximize profitability while ensuring the delivery of exceptional customer service.
Reporting to Branded Apparel Line of Business’ Vice President and General Manager,
the National Sales Director will:
• LEARN & LOVE OUR BUSINESS: Gain complete knowledge of PAI’s internal and vendor capabilities in order to confidently conduct executive-level conversations with senior-level contacts at prospective and existing customers. Learn the intricacies involved in screen printing, creative art design, 3PL logistics, sourcing and distribution to be able to customize a unique solution catered to our customers’ needs. Keep up to date on value-added services, trending topics, literature and developments relevant to our target prospects and on all emerging sales channels. Ensure profitability of each program and customer and own all line of business performance KPIs.
• BUILD & NURTURE CUSTOMER RELATIONSHIPS: Build meaningful relationships with prospective and existing customers, illustrating PAI’s capabilities to serve as an indispensable solution to their manufacturing and supply chain needs. Position PAI as customers’ trusted advisor who genuinely aims to understand their needs and business challenges. Conduct sales meetings that effectively probe, uncover issues and objections, articulate value, and define next steps. Maintain customer engagement by finding ways to add continual value and solutions to their operational objectives.
• DEVELOP & IMPLEMENT LINE OF BUSINESS SALES STRATEGY: Work closely with PAI’s leadership team to create a sales strategy with supporting structure and processes. Drive the growth of the line of business’ revenues, gross margins and net income. Analyze, create, and present sales reports and forecasts to leadership. Drive the sales pipeline, prospecting and conversion efforts to meet the company’s long-term goals for profitable sales.
• PROSPECT FOR NEW BUSINESS: Self-generate leads from a strategic list of target accounts that you’ll help PAI’s President and Branded Line of Business’ VP research and create. Think creatively to build a healthy pipeline of sales leads and opportunities. Secure discovery meetings and initial sales calls with target prospects while leveraging internal resources to our advantage. Represent PAI at trade shows and other industry events as appropriate. Track and follow-up on leads generated.
• PIPELINE & TRACK EFFORTS: Develop and manage a pipeline process that monitors the conversion of prospects to new customers. Track, measure and follow up on progress of activity and results. Work closely with PAI’s operations and customer service teams to customize proposals, work deals to conclusion, and provide post-sale support. Ensure smooth transitions to operations and other internal team members. Demonstrate team work and problem-solving. Set schedules and manage time effectively and efficiently.
• COLLABORATIVE TEAM LEADERSHIP: Manage a team of four (4) Customer Service Representatives, responsible for processing and fulfilling customer orders. Recruit, assess, and retain talented team members and communicate expectations clearly. Promote and cultivate relationship building across other lines of business and departments, working together to meet tight deadlines and customer expectations. Contribute internally to a variety of team-building activities that may lie outside formal sales and marketing duties but help build success for PAI and teammates at large.
• Minimum of 5+ years of successful sales experience in a highly-customized, solution-oriented, and or custom B2B services environment is required.
• Apparel, Athletic, Retail, and/or Consumer Soft Goods industry experience is required.
• 4-year degree in business or related field is strongly preferred.
• The successful applicant believes that proactive phone and email prospecting is still an effective way to identify opportunities and to secure meetings with prospects.
• Team player with a passion for B2B solutions and innovation and a willingness to learn the industry. Must be able to organize and motivate colleagues who are peers and direct reports to others to effectively meet client deadlines and requirements.
• Must be a self-starter with a strong sense of urgency, a positive thinker, and customer-service oriented with a high level of integrity.
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build rapport with various levels of customers and constituents. Superior listening and probing skills are expected.
• Excellent communications skills: presentation, public speaking, interpersonal, verbal and written. Must have a command presence and the confidence to express opinions and propose new ideas.
• Strong planning, organizational and project management skills with ability to multi-task, and assimilate new information quickly.
• Strong software skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Office applications such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Understanding of cloud-based CRMs and willingness to utilize and track sales efforts is essential.
• Must excel in an entrepreneurial environment with an appreciation for corporate and family values.
• Personable, approachable, and visible leadership style with a sense of humor!