J.Jill Part-time Sales Lead - Columbia Mall
Are you looking for an exciting career in fashion and retail? Then look no further. Don't miss out on this great opportunity to build or start your retail career with a strong and growing fashion brand.
The J.Jill brand represents an easy, relaxed, inspired style that reflects the confidence and comfort of a woman with a rich, full life.
The Sales Lead supports the management team in achieving store sales and profitability goals by creating a positive and energetic store environment. The primary focus is to ensure a superior customer experience by acting as the sales floor leader and allowing management to focus on overall store leadership. Assists the management team in ensuring excellent visual merchandising and operational standards. In the absence of the Store Manager or Assistant Store Manager, the Sales Lead acts in the capacity of the manager on duty.
- Assists customers in building great wardrobes by providing guiding, helpful service and advice, suggesting layering and accessorizing options.
- Identifies and celebrates individual and team successes
- Builds customer loyalty by creating genuine connections with customers.
- Works with customers to resolve merchandise and customer service issues timely and effectively, ensuring positive customer experience and continued customer loyalty
- Assists in training new associates, with particular focus on product and customer experience
- Assists with planning and executing floorset and ongoing re-merchandising of store
- Ensures excellent visual standards are consistently maintained
- Participates in all operational areas and functions including: knowledge and implementation of all company policies and procedures, marketing, product replenishment, markdowns and promotions, store cleanliness and backroom organization
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILILTIES
- Leadership qualities, training and team building skills
- Excellent customer service skills with statistical track record in all areas of sales
- Strong style, merchandising and wardrobing skills
- Ability to clearly communicate goals and objectives to team
- Must have the availability to work during the majority of peak business periods, including Saturday and Sunday.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- 2+ years Women’s Specialty Retail experience required, 1+ years in a store supervisory position preferred
- Point of Sale and general Microsoft Office software experience
- Experience in relevant Human Resource processes
- PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to communicate verbally with customers, extensive standing, walking, reaching, pushing/pulling and maneuvering around sales floor and stockroom, hang/fold merchandise, ladder climbing, operate POS register, lift and carry 30lbs, etc.
Job Type: Part-time
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Referral program
- 8 Hour Shift
- Monday to Friday
- retail sales/customer service: 2 years (Required)
- Sales Management: 1 year (Required)
- One location
- Store Manager
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
- Only full-time employees eligible