Internship, Business Opportunities
At VU, we help Veterans buy homes. We also help interns put their skills to work while gaining professional experience.
We offer paid internships that provide you with an opportunity to make a difference. You’ll also experience some of the perks of a full-time employee, such as personal and professional development, free snacks, casual dress code, monthly massages, and company-wide social events.
BTW, if you have your undergraduate degree, congratulations! Rather than check out these internship positions, we encourage you to look at our many early-career opportunities.
As an intern, you have the potential to be placed in one of these areas:
- People Services
- Note: Marketing and Technology have separate internship applications. If you are not selected for either of these departments you will automatically be considered for the Business Internship.
Job duties will vary upon assignment but may include:
- Providing general administrative assistance and support
- Learning and mastering assigned operations of your department
- Assisting team members with assorted tasks
As an intern you will have the opportunity to be hands-on and gain experience applicable to your career goals. You’ll be expected to take direction and incorporate feedback from your mentors and should proactively identify opportunities for you to support the team.
We’ll also want to know you can demonstrate these attributes:
- High attention to detail.
- Dedicated work ethic.
- Thrive in a highly cooperative work setting.
- Ability to take direction and incorporate feedback.
- Proactively identify needed tasks.
- Task management and time management.
- Proficient in basic computer technologies, appropriate for an internet-based company.
We’re looking for someone who can be passionate about their job and have fun doing it, who will deliver results with integrity, and who enjoys finding ways to enhance the lives of others every day.
Veterans United is the nation’s #1 VA lender and over 97% of our customers would recommend us. This may sound like a brag but it's only possible because we have a team of talented and committed employees working hard, every day, to make a difference for the people we serve; the men and women who sacrificed for our country. We find it’s easy to give your best when you serve the brave.
Veterans United and its affiliates are proud to be Equal Opportunity Employers committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected classifications. Some roles may require licensure upon hire.