Genome Editing Deployment Intern
Genome Editing Deployment Intern
In Bayer’s Crop Science division, we shape agriculture through breakthrough innovation that helps to nourish our growing world, preserve natural resources and deliver better solutions for all farmers. Using the creative spark that comes from human ingenuity, we seek to deliver world-class innovation, set new standards in sustainability, and drive our digital transformation. Our products include high-performance seeds & traits, crop protection solutions, and digital farming tools.
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Genome Editing Deployment Intern, are to:
- Develop research and technology in key areas enabling genome editing and trait deployment in soy, corn or other row crops;
- Collaborate across teams to drive project results using knowledge gained thru experiments in (1);
- Be responsible to scientifically advance plant biology innovations and/or solve critical challenges in the areas of genome and reproductive systems in collaboration with scientists;
- Be responsible for research execution and analysis to enable high quality data-driven decisions;
- Be responsible for organizing, documenting, and reporting research outcomes in a timely manner;
- Collaborate with multi-disciplinary scientists within the team and across the organization to execute results;
- Be responsible to make progress towards key intern project milestones while communicating timely status updates and any challenges or revisions to planned next steps;
- Actively troubleshoot and problem-solve to optimize research procedures and be an active member of team discussions.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Currently enrolled in a Ph.D. program (and returning to the program post-internship) in one of the following or related fields such as plant genetics and/or breeding, genomics, bioinformatics, plant developmental biology, plant cell biology or plant reproductive biology;
- Conducts research and contributes to research projects, technologies, and publications;
- Design, conduct and interpret experiments;
- Develop and implement research and/or technology-driven proposals;
- Effectively communicate research findings;
- Work effectively with other team members and independently on projects;
- Applies defined scientific principles to solve problems;
- Exploits new developments from the scientific literature to aid in problem solving;
- Demonstrates a sustained high level of technical skill and achievement;
- Fosters team-based approach to research;
- Interacts with colleagues in other functions and other departments to solve problems;
- Conducts research safely and ethically; demonstrates personal maturity and development.
- Familiarity with gene editing, gene expression analysis, PCR, and/or statistical programming languages such as Python or R.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the "Passion to Innovate" and the "Power to Change", we encourage you to apply now. To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
Country: United States
Reference Code: 211421
Functional Area: R&D other jobs
Entry Level : Student