Quality Assurance Intern
Objective: This opportunity will be part of our summer internship program.
Our Story: We take pride in our heritage but we have emerged to market with new purpose. We are a modern global food company…still making the best gyros on the market, but also so much more. Today, we make it easy to offer new and familiar fare, by providing BOLD, on-trend, specialty proteins. We bring excitement to authentic world cuisine.
With the recent merger of Grecian Delight and Kronos Foods Corp., our goal is to rejuvenate the restaurant and retail space. The support of our combined innovative processes, products, and inspired teams will create a well-versed collaborative work environment, to which will support our growth and success in the food manufacturing space. We strive to find the best talent to assist in guiding our exponential growth.
Possible Key Activities:
1. Lead/Manage Environmental Monitoring and Micro Sampling program including sampling, corrective actions, trending, investigations, and recommendations to ensure compliance with USDA, Kronos, and customer requirements.
2. Assist in maintaining plant SSOP/HACCP/HARPC program compliance by assisting in the verification of daily sanitation program; perform Pre-Operational Inspection on all equipment, including a deficiencies trend analysis to drive continuous improvement through understanding of Sanitary Design principles
3. Participate sanitation corrective action process to ensure environmental micro concerns are addressed effectively.
4. Review and ensure that all USDA/FSIS SSOP Documentation is accurate and completed daily or as needed to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements
5. Perform facility and equipment audits including records monitoring ensuring/establishing most effective SOPs are used across all shifts. Interact with all departments and collaborate with management for prioritization of corrective actions.
6. Be able to perform all QA activities and assist QA Leads/Techs to accomplish daily goals as necessary. Review and approve all QA records including HACCP records as needed
7. Observes GMP's and general housekeeping practices including traffic patterns
8. Prepare/send samples for outside testing as well as keeping Inventory/ordering micro supplies
9. Prepare weekly report & lead weekly Food Safety meeting
10. Help facilitate the TEST & HOLD process to provide synchronization with operations, shipping, and accounting to ensure adherence to HOLD procedure and the reconciliation process.
11. Participate in team and cross-functional meetings to effectively drive effective communication
- Pursuing an undergraduate degree in Food Science or related field
- Go-getter attitude with high energy
- Ability to take initiative and be a team player
- Exceptional communication skills
What you will get as an intern:
- A meaningful, challenging, and supported work experience that resonates with your interests
- A unique opportunity to work in a multi-site manufacturing setting
- Competitive compensation and sign on bonus