Toddler/Early Childhood Montessori Teacher
- Is a positive, warm-hearted individuals with a bright personality.
- Implements plans and directives of teachers and assistants.
- Greets and dismisses toddlers (2-3 year olds) and helps with dressing and undressing
- Assists toddlers with difficulties in organizing materials, completing tasks, and/or returning materials properly.
- Organizes classrooms during and after sessions
- Takes charge of “snacks” and refills supplies as needed
- Attends staff meetings and other in-service training as requested
- Attends school functions as requested
- Contends with interruptions, thereby freeing trained staff members to continue working with toddlers and/or observing.
Children's House of Columbia is seeking a Montessori teacher to join our 2-3 years old classroom teaching staff. Our ideal candidate will be a professional, friendly, and enthusiastic individual who has the ability to establish a solid rapport with students, co-teachers, administrators, and parents. Children's House has been a Montessori school serving the Columbia community for the past 40 years. We have a student population of about 80 children, ages 2-6 years old. Affiliated with AMS, full-time staff of 12. All of our lead teachers have AMS certification. We also provide the possibility to pursue further education through Montessori training to become Montessori certified. Columbia is a great town to live in with 110,000 residents, and three college campuses. We are located on campus at the University of Missouri. There are plenty of art, cultural and educational opportunities. We have music and film festivals, sports events, indoor and outdoor recreation facilities, and numerous trails and nature areas. For additional information about our school, please visit our website www.comomontessori.com