Management Trainee (Program begins Summer 2021)
BE A NAME BEHIND THE FLAME!
This development program, which is set to kick-off after Spring/Summer graduation, will provide you with immediate responsibility where you will identify and apply important business operations and growth strategies. Through curriculum, hands-on training, mentorship, and concentration on skills enhancement, we will give you all the tools to be successful. This position is designed to give you broad experience with our Ferrellgas and Blue Rhino brand, and processes in order to prepare you for front-line management positions within our company.
As a Management Candidate, you will learn the framework of our company’s functions and operations from the top down. You will work alongside our existing management teams to gain valuable experience necessary for future growth and success within the Company. All applicants must be willing to relocate for advancement opportunities with the company.
Graduates of this program can feel confident in defined career trajectory with a strong beginning and have the ability to shape their own future through a comprehensive program that allows for exposure to all departments and company leaders. Ferrellgas is a very tenured company, and with our promote-from-within philosophy, you will have plenty of opportunities to advance without ever having to change companies.
Program Schedule: Our 20-week development program is broken down into four modules. Applicants must be open to relocation during the program and open to relocation for final placement at the end of the development program. We provide a daily per diem to help with temporary living costs while in the program.
- Module 1 takes place at our Corporate headquarters, just a few minutes north of Kansas City, MO. This module could best be defined as the high-level business curriculum or classroom portion of the program. During this four week module, candidates will get to meet and learn from our corporate teams, field leaders, and executives throughout the Company.
- Module 2 is eight weeks long and takes place at one of our 800+ field locations across the US. In this portion of our program, you'll have the opportunity to shadow and learn from some of the best leaders in our Company and gain valuable experience with our sales, customer service, and operations teams. Regardless of which path your career takes you, this experience builds a strong foundation for your future Ferrellgas/Blue Rhino career as you will understand how all these functions work together.
- Module 3 is the second segment of the field module and is also eight weeks in length. Here you'll transition from observation and shadowing to actually taking the reigns and leading the day-to-day operations. You'll still have your mentor and peers to support you, but this is where you get to put everything you've learned in modules 1 & 2 into action.
- Module 4 is an administrative module and falls on the last week of the program. This module is capstone oriented and is meant to reflect on the growth obtained through the program and celebrate you as a graduate of our program and new manager of our Company.
- Medical, dental, and vision plans
- 401k retirement plan with company match, up to 8%
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Paid holidays
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Wellness program
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Mentorship & training
- Career development
- Gains an understanding of all aspects of the business.
- Develops a clear understanding of cost control and P&L statements.
- Instills and upholds a customer service culture within the district that fosters retention, relationships, and loyalty; and positions the district for increased growth opportunities.
- Learns and executes proper sales techniques.
- Partners with key mentors throughout the program.
- Develops and executes plans to grow the existing customer base.
- Assists managers evaluate performance (e.g. writing reports, analyzing data).
- Researches ways to increase profitability and lower risk.
- Creates and gives professional presentations.
- Collaborates with managers, supervisors, and other senior staff.
- Follows all company regulations and health and safety codes.
- Learns about conflict resolution and how to address various situations.
- Travels to different offices and participating in daily operations as required.
- Bachelor's degree in business management, HR, marketing, supply chain, communications, ag science, or related field.
- Excellent communication skills: written and oral, to influence not only customers and potential customers, but employees as well.
- Strong leadership, problem-solving, and interpersonal skills.
- A positive attitude and willingness to learn.
- A valid driver's license is required.
- Proficiency in MS Office.
- Superb attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills.
Why work for Ferrellgas? We pride ourselves in providing the best customer service in the propane industry. Ranked consistently as one of the top propane suppliers in the country, Ferrellgas is in the business of providing meaningful moments. Memories full of warmth, dependability you can trust, and outcomes you had only dreamed possible.
Ferrellgas has been recognized by Forbes as one of the Best Employers in America. Please visit our Life at Ferrellgas page for more information.