Hostess Brands, LLC, is a large packaged foods company focused on manufacturing, distributing, and selling iconic, sweet baked goods in the United States such as Twinkies®, Cupcakes, Ding Dongs®, Ho Hos®, Donettes® and Fruit Pies, in addition to Voortman’s Cookies and Wafers.
The Hostess Brands internship program offers students and/or recent graduates a paid opportunity to work in an environment that fosters realistic work experiences, exposure to the business and an opportunity to utilize your education. You will become an integral part of the team and participate in impactful business projects. This will be a non-traditional internship program as it will start in late October for approximately 10-12 weeks.
Our Internship roles will be based in our corporate office and plant locations. You will have exposure and the opportunity to broaden your skills through impactful work and cross-functional partnerships.
In this position you will play a key role in the day to day operations and manufacturing of our products. You will gain information and knowledge on the manufacturing process and see what it takes to produce our products day in and day out.
- Focus on assignments and projects within your business unit
- Complete Training Plan and master the skills and tasks identified
- Attend business and collaboration meetings
- Develop and execute process and procedures to eliminate challenges within your functional area
- Create formal proposals and presentations to various levels of management
- Participate and have ownership of project(s) within the business function.
- Present during End-of-Internship Presentations to Executive Leadership and Management.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. May perform other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- Completed and in process of completing a Bachelor’s Degree in Operations, Business or related field
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Experience working with Microsoft Excel, Word, Project, PowerPoint, and SAP is a plus.
- Willingness to learn and work in a team environment.
- Critical thinker, detail orientated and self-motivated.
- Strong time, project, and organizational management skills.
- The ability to work independently.
- Problem solver
- Advanced MS Excel and PowerPoint skills
Hostess Brands is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action (EEO/AA) Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with disability, or any other protected group status or non-job related characteristic as directed by law.