Direct Support Specialist
Boone County Family Resources is looking for an experienced individual to fill the role of Direct Support Specialist in our residential program for adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities. Our organization strongly believes that every individual deserves the opportunity to achieve their fullest potential. The right candidate will be passionate about helping the people we serve thrive in our community, connect with others, and achieve their personal goals.
The Direct Support Specialist is responsible for:
· Developing a rapport with residents and cultivating a safe and supportive relationship
· Providing supervision, training and guidance when needed
· Working with supervisions on implementation of individual care plans
· Assisting with daily living activities, including preparing meals and assisting with personal hygiene
· Communicating progress to individuals’ support team