Human Resources Generalist
Who We Are:
Essex Industries has operations in Saint Louis, Missouri and Huntington Beach, California, serving local, national and international customers, both military and commercial. The company supplies platform controls, aircraft components, liquid oxygen equipment, emergency breathing equipment, and gas regulators to its customers.
Join an exciting HR team that works to make a difference and build a culture of engagement. We are looking for a Human Resources Generalist (HRG) to lead HR programs for one of our manufacturing facilities in St. Louis. The HRG will collaborate with the HR team on broad company-wide initiatives to strengthen the HR strategy and improve team member engagement. The HRG displays a high-level of customer focus with all employees, demonstrates core values and high-degree of integrity and respect for all customers. You will have an opportunity to participate in a wide range of HR initiatives and programs that make a difference and allows you to develop.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
• Serves as a lead HR Generalist for one of our manufacturing sites to initiate and support employee engagement activities that work to improve company culture.
• Partners with the HR team to develop people strategies and execute HR initiatives and programs.
• Maintains visibility with all employees by spending time on the manufacturing floor and addresses any issues and concerns identified in a timely and professional manner.
• Serves as a member on the site leadership team and advises site leadership on all Human Resource related topics.
• Coaches and provides guidance to site leadership on employee relations/performance management as they handle performance issues and talent development needs.
• Directly handle employee relations issues, conduct investigations and recommend solutions through progressive discipline process.
• Partners with managers and employees on training needs for site employees for career development and on-the-job training to ensure compliance with our quality management system (QMS).
• Ensures compliance with state and federal laws through efficient administration of company HR policies, procedures, programs and initiatives.
• Functions as site FMLA administrator in accordance with business process.
• Conducts stay and exit interviews with new or departing employees; track trends for turnover to recommend areas for improvement and works continuously to improve the onboarding experience.
• Provide data to payroll to ensure timely and accurate pay for site employees.
• Uses data to drive decisions on all people initiatives. Is responsible for developing and maintaining dashboards.
• Participates in producing VETS-4212, EEO-1 and other reports as needed.
• Occasionally facilitates leadership training to support our leadership develop strategy.
• Supports the annual cycle for many HR related initiatives; such as, open enrollment, performance management, succession and talent review, engagement or pulse surveys, focus groups, etc.
• Other job duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management or related degree and a experience in the HR field is required. Experience in manufacturing or related industry highly preferred. Experience working in a fast paced, deadline driven work environment. Strong analytical skills with proven project management experience is a plus. Knowledge and application of current HR trends, best practices and compliance issues.
Why Choose Essex?
Since 1947, Essex has been offering high quality parts and services to our customers. Our employees are what makes that happen so we do our best to take care of what matters most, by offering a competitive total rewards package for our employees. It’s our commitment to making this a great place to work.
• Base Pay
• Bonus Opportunity
• Paid time off
• 10 company holidays
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Training & Development
• Retirement Benefits – 401k
• Tax-Advantaged Accounts
• Medical, dental, vision coverage
The Guller Foundation, the charitable arm of Essex Industries, contributes to various local organizations.