Government Consulting Internship
The Government Consulting Group focuses on serving the organization, information technology, and management needs of local and state government agencies. We have worked with hundreds of government agencies throughout the United States. We understand the needs of public sector agencies, their fiscal constraints, and the commitment to serving constituents.
Upon entering the profession you can expect to receive guidance from the supervisor(s), consultant or principal in charge of an engagement or project working with Government clients of various sized organizations (Local, State, Health Analytics, Assurance and Medicaid practice areas). This internship will be a remote role based in Missouri. Start date will be in June of 2021. Work performed will be closely supervised through coaching and training. With guidance from staff members of the Government Consulting group, you will become familiar with the firm’s systems, operations and relationships. The firm expects you to demonstrate flexibility, have a willingness to seek out advice, and exhibit an ambition for learning.
- Develops an understanding of the general consulting process.
- Follows appropriate diagnostic, data collection, fact finding, and data analysis practices.
- Assists in performing consulting engagements of all sizes. This may involve such tasks as conducting research, assisting with detailed and technical aspects of the engagement, documenting the engagement and assisting with engagement reporting.
- Performs assigned administrative tasks effectively and efficiently.
- Develop concise summaries, reports, and presentations of complex data for client leadership.
- Facilitate meetings and interviews with client stakeholders.
- Assist with project management tasks such as tracking and reporting project progress, maintaining project document repository, and reviewing deliverables for quality assurance.
- Provide ad hoc assessments and briefings in response to client requests.
- Participate in staff/team meetings and training and work effectively as a team player on multiple client projects.
- Extends himself/herself beyond the demands of current assignments and responsibilities and accepts new assignments.
- Keeps supervisors and others informed of status of assigned projects.
- Develops skill in written and verbal communications.
- Working towards a BA/BS/MS Degree in Political Science, Public Health, Economics, Management Information Systems, Health Care Management or Business.
- Strong computer skills
- Demonstrated experience in relationship building
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Motivated team member
- Flexibility to travel frequently
- Relevant work experience in your field is a plus
Within your application, please provide the following:
- Cover letter
- Unofficial transcript
- Writing sample
EOE: We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.