Clinical Gap Year Opportunity for Pre-PA/Pre-Med Student
Learn valuable hands-on clinical skills while earning great pay and benefits during your “gap” year!
Join our mission of Improving Lives by helping allergy sufferers in your community while gaining clinical skills and building an impressive resume for your future! The Clinical Allergy Specialist position will allow you to work one-on-one with patients and support physicians with testing and treating patients for allergies. Between your undergraduate and medical school applications, you will learn many aspects of patient care while managing an allergy center, which will provide invaluable clinical experience and develop the skills you need to journey towards your future in medicine.
As a Clinical Allergy Specialist, you will oversee the day-to-day operations of an allergy center within a physician’s office. From administering allergy tests and mixing the immunotherapy to educating patients on the treatment benefits, you will be directly involved in all aspects of the allergy clinic.
What our Clinical Allergy Specialist in their gap year love about their jobs:
· Generous pay while gaining required clinical experience in a professional healthcare environment
· Full time role with benefits such as paid time off and paid holidays, medical, dental and vision insurance
· Ability to improve the lives of patients in your community
· working closely with a physician on immunotherapy treatment plans
· Building strong relationships with patients and encouraging them through their treatment
· Learn the innerworkings of a physician office
· Invaluable classroom and on-the-job training that builds clinical and soft skills
· Daytime hours--no weekends!
· Deliver safe and efficacious clinical outcomes by administrating quality allergy testing and preparing allergen immunotherapy
· Educate patients on proper administration of immunotherapy injections, as well as advocate for strong compliance throughout their treatment plan
· Ensure patients complete all appropriate paperwork and verify insurance eligibility for each patient prior to test and immunotherapy as appropriate
· Handle and submit all billing documentation to the appropriate office
· Work closely with the physician and staff to provide the best patient care possible
· Perform other related duties as required and assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in a health-related field
- 1-year commitment Preferred