Quality Assurance Analyst
Summary of Position:
Zelis’s Quality Assurance Analyst will provide quality analysis experience to contribute to the success of all technology initiatives. The Quality Assurance Analyst will be responsible for working in the analysis and testing phases of the software development lifecycle, consulting with all stakeholders to document comprehensive test plans, analyze risk to each respective area of the application, and execute newly documented, as well as, regression test cases. The role will also be responsible for measuring quality and identifying metrics to drive continuous improvement.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop, maintain and execute automated and manual test plans and scripts for requirement validation, integration, regression, performance and usability testing of all new features.
- Create test data files with valid and invalid records to thoroughly test program logic and verify system flow.
- Collaborate with Development and Technical Analysts to ensure requirements and design are documented clearly and testing steps are completely understood.
- Engage in the entire software development lifecycle from requirements to deployment, clearly understanding all features to be deployed each sprint and ensuring the quality of production code.
- Communicate QA risks, milestones and status to the project manager, project team and management.
- Communicate test progress, test results and other relevant information to project stakeholders and involve the management team to resolve significant deficiencies or issues in a timely manner as needed.
- Develop quality assurance standards and track quality assurance activities.
- Create, manage, and enhance regression test client and automated test scenarios.
- Participate in the development and implementation of structured testing concepts, methodologies, and automated testing and support tools.
- Participate in special projects as necessary.
§ Follow established HIPAA, Compliance & Security policies.
Education and Experience:
§ Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or equivalent degree.
§ Deep understanding of and experience with Agile and SDLC methodologies used to guide development projects.
§ Experience generating test data for system testing.
§ Experience using automated testing tools and concepts.
§ Experience navigating databases and the ability to run basic queries to obtain data in support of analysis work
§ Experience with business and functional/technical requirements gathering and business process modeling
§ Effective technical writing skills and exceptional problem solving skills
Professional & Interpersonal Skills:
- Advanced Analytical Skills – Uses sound and logical judgement to identify and analyze complex, multi-dimensional problems and drive requirements and solution design decisions.
- Teamwork/Collaboration – Developing and using collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals. Collaborate at all levels of the organization. Willingness to help others, as needed, to make the team and each deployment successful.
- Communication – Communicating accurately and effectively both in oral and written form. Practicing active listening. Expressing thoughts and ideas with confidence and respecting opposing views
- Managing Work – Ability to self-direct and multitask in a fast paced, ever-changing environment. Identifying more critical and less critical activities and tasks; adjust priorities as appropriate. Makes preparations and manages schedule to ensure goals are met. Takes prompt action to accomplish objectives.
- Technical/Professional Learning – Keeping up with current developments and trends in the field. Demonstrating strong desire to advance in field and apply new acquired knowledge in role.
- Living the Vision and Values – Keeping the company’s vision and values at the forefront of decision-making and action.
§ Sit for long periods of time
§ Work long hours and flexible schedule when needed
§ Use standard office equipment
Zelis is a healthcare and financial technology growth company and market-leading provider of claims cost management and payments optimization solutions to price, pay and explain healthcare claims. Zelis delivers integrated network analytics, network solutions, payment integrity, electronic payments and claims communications for payers, healthcare providers and consumers in the medical, dental and workers' compensation markets nationwide. Zelis is backed by Parthenon Capital Partners and Bain Capital.
“We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.”