Supply Chain Internship
Under general supervision, the Supply Chain Intern assists the operations department with several logistical tasks including obtaining actual weights, determining how to best utilize available capacity, ensuring timely pickup and delivery performance, as well as providing high customer satisfaction. Interns communicate daily with agents, operations team members, van operators and other departments regarding orders, assignment changes and unique order requirements.
At UniGroup, it’s more than just an internship: UniGroup interns get the opportunity to learn about our industry-leading organization from the inside – witnessing firsthand our dedication to our people and our passion for serving others. They have chances to make connections and build long-lasting relationships with UniGroup professionals and experience the professional world in an organization recognized for customer experience, quality, innovation and safety. Most of all, UniGroup interns get to #LOVEWHEREYOUWORK.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Provides high quality customer service to agents, van operators and other personnel.
· Works closely with the operations team members to resolve issues in a timely manner.
· Maximizes operational ability to locate trucks by creating potential solutions.
· Monitors top priority accounts to confirm compliance with operational policies and procedures as well as ensuring that all accounts are receiving exceptional service.
· Resolves and documents situations in a timely and through manner.
· Monitors and finds service solutions for our customers.
· Makes financial decisions based on research and knowledge.
· Works on individual projects with some latitude given as to the creation and development.
· Documents accountability and responsibility on specific orders/loads.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
· Time Requirements: Must be able to work 40-hours per week for the 12 weeks from May to August. Dates are flexible.
· Associates Degree or currently pursuing degree
· Strong attention to detail and analytical skills
· Able to manage time constraints successfully and work well under pressure
· A strategic and analytical problem solver that applies sound judgment in decisions
· Demonstrated customer service and communication skills
· Experience with Microsoft Excel and Access preferred
At UniGroup, we foster diversity, in part, by imposing a strict policy of non-discrimination. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, ethnicity, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, veteran or military status, genetic information or other status protected by the law.
UniGroup is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, UniGroup will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org