Pediatric Occupational Therapist
Kidworks is currently interviewing for Full time and Part time Occupational Therapists .
Needed: We have an opening for Full Time and Part Time Occupational Therapists to do a combination of First Steps visits and seeing children in our clinic in Chesterton. We are happy to work with your schedule for start date
Location: Clinic based in Chesterton, IN; First Steps/EI in LaPorte, Porter and Lake Counties
Contact: Ann M. Mika, Clinical director
1120 S. Calumet, #3
Chesterton, IN 46304
Description: Kidworks is a dynamic transdisciplinary pediatric therapy clinic. We are a leader in working with children with special needs in Northwest Indiana. We are always interested in hearing from talented and passionate therapists. Kidworks was founded and is owned by a Mom of special needs children. She understands the needs of parents and the desire to find quality therapy services for children.
Kidworks offers careers which are both challenging and rewarding. The focus of this position is to provide quality/ethical clinical services, positive customer service, develop/maintain relationships with other professionals as well as providing direct services to families. You will work with children (0-18 yrs) with a variety of disorders. We use innovative therapy approaches including co-treatments and collaborating with other professionals (such as SLP’s, PT’s and DT’s) to help children meet their full potential. We go home at the end of the day knowing we have helped make a difference for children and families in our community.
• Minimum of a Masters degree in Occupational Therapy
• Certification and state licensure as a Occupational Therapist in good standing
• Must obtain credentialing in Early Intervention (we will help you every step of the way with this process in Indiana)
• Flexibility to meet the needs of others and the team
• Ability to communicate with others with respect, encouragement, open-mindedness, and provide supportive feedback.
• Initiative and problem solving skills
• Organization and time management skills
• Commitment and passion to our values and mission
• Opportunity to work with a fun and compassionate team that becomes “family"
• Supervision and ongoing mentorship/collaboration with experienced therapists
• Compensation is based on experience
• Paid Time Off (PTO) and paid holidays
• Medical/Dental/Vison/Life insurance for full time employees
• Mileage Reimbursement
• Early Intervention services through the state’s First Steps program
• Clinic based private Speech, Occupational, Physical, and Dietitian therapies
• Social Skills groups
• Advanced student pediatric rotation placement
• Support referrals, parent and educator resources and training
If this sounds like the position for you, please send your resume to:
Ann M. Mika, M. A. CCC-SLP, Clinical Director, Kidworks, LLC at email@example.com.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time