TV Production Intern - Summer 2021
All Summer 2021 internships at Coolfire will be hybrid virtual/in-person. We do frequent virtual meetings and keep open lines of communication to ensure interns stay busy and get the experience they are hoping for.
We are looking for interns with a wide range of interests and skills in creative research, video editing and organization. But above all, we need hard workers with a desire to further their career in the TV production world!
The Coolfire TV Production internship program seeks to educate students on best practices in the unscripted television field. The students will gain hands on experience by working with Coolfire's Development Team as they produce sizzle tapes and treatments to be sold to television networks like Discovery, HGTV, Quibi, and Netflix. The selected interns will each play a role in the initial research, brainstorming, production and editing of sizzle tapes and written treatments. You will see how a TV series goes from initial idea to final export. Pretty cool, right?!
We think you'll love this internship because no two days will be the same. One day you might be researching a new hot air balloon law in Texas, the next you'll be cutting together clips of celebrity loves stories in Premiere, and the next you'll be a PA on a professional production set. If you don't have experience in all of these areas, that's fine! A big part of the experience of this internship is learning, which is why we need interns who want to learn new things and gain new skills. Take it from me, a former intern: This will be one of your coolest college experiences!
We partner our interns with employees for direct mentorship to work on real projects. This is a highly engaging and rewarding internship that will provide you with a truly unique experience. Serious candidates only.
- Assisting in show development
- Brainstorm series ideas
- Participate in Development Team meetings
- Research for potential character leads
- Edit casting tapes
- Develop show titles
- Write treatments
- Assist on set as needed
- Film, video, journalism or media communications major with interest in production
- Editing experience highly preferred (Adobe Premiere CC) -note: we prefer editing experience because it will give the intern more opportunities for work on real projects
- Working knowledge of other Adobe Programs a HUGE PLUS (Adobe Photoshop CC, Adobe Illustrator CC, Adobe After Effects CC)
- Strong research skills, copywriting and research skills
- Motivated, eager and self-sufficient
- Avid consumer of Non-Scripted Television
- Strong work ethic and curiosity
- Access to a car w/ valid drivers license
If interested, please send a resume, brief cover letter, and work examples if applicable to email@example.com. Inquiries with no resume/cover letter will not be accepted. Let us know you're applying for the TV Production Internship in the subject line.
*Please note that you must be currently enrolled at an accredited college or university, and eligible to receive academic credit from your college or university from this internship program. These are part time, unpaid internships during Summer 2021. Specific start/stop dates are TBD, based on your schedule.