Civic & Community Initiatives Fall 2021 Internship
The Greater Kansas City Chamber of Commerce is seeking self-motivated interns to assist its Civic and Community Initiatives team with a wide array of projects. Interns will work on and have exposure to community initiatives and programs like Centurions and GenKC (leadership development programs); HealthyKC (community health program); and other KC Chamber-led focus areas such as early childhood education, real estate, workforce development, and inclusive prosperity, among others.
The internship duties will include research and reporting, event planning and preparation, creative problem-solving, and dynamic thinking with the potential for social media support depending on department needs. This internship includes both independent work and opportunities for collaborative projects and high visibility interactions with business and community leaders. This is an excellent internship for those candidates seeking a diverse and demanding learning experience.
Internships with the KC Chamber are not paid but offer valuable hands-on experience. This experience allows students to explore areas of interest and decide if this is an area for a potential career.
Class credit is available to students.
· Strong written and oral communication skills including high levels of both written and spoken English language
· Self-motivated and willingness to learn/try new things
· Ability to take on projects and problems beyond current experience
· Effective critical thinking and problem-solving
· Ability to manage multiple responsibilities and deadlines
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office products, specifically Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
This is an unpaid internship opportunity.
The KC Chamber is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion as a part of our strategic plan, supported by a formal DEI plan, Vice President of Diversity and Inclusion leadership, and both internal and external DEI programs.
HOW TO APPLY:
· Visit https://survey.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_2aU0FXU8fOqDKkJ and fill out an application.
· Resume is required
· Writing Sample and/or Cover Letter is encouraged
· Contact Susan Monroe