Exegy is seeking a Copywriting Intern with strong research and writing abilities with a desire to understand how content marketing supports lead generation and business development. Start date can be immediate or anytime in May. Applicants should be available for 15+ hours per week now and 40 hours per week during the summer. Applicants should be current college freshmen, sophomores or juniors looking to build their portfolio before graduation. This internship is paid. Exegy is currently working remote due to Covid 19.
Daily duties include research, interviewing and writing long-form content such as articles, case studies, downloadable guides, product specs, and website copy.
Tasks & responsibilities
- Conduct research for specific goal-oriented writing assignments targeted at specific audiences.
- Write long-form informational content related to clients' industry trends including white papers, case studies and blog posts
- Write short form content including sell sheets, social media, emails on an as-needed basis
- Develop a strong understanding of the industry and our business model, customers, products, and services, etc.
- Keep up with industry developments through trade journals, newsletters and other research in order to suggest trending topics for coverage
- Portfolio of samples demonstrating long-form writing
- Ability to understand financial markets and hardware infrastructure
- Very strong research, conceptualizing, writing and editing skills
- Exceptional creative thinking skills and ability to apply to content writing
- Availability to work remote
- Desire to learn more about online marketing in the B2B financial space
What will help you stand out
- A Journalism, English, Finance, and/or Marketing school background is a bonus.
- Previous experience with SEO, digital marketing or developing web copy for B2B organizations
- Exceptional writing skills
- Catered lunches on Fridays, social events, and volunteering to engage with the community
- Weekly yoga, soccer games, and happy hours
- A fridge of La Croix and other beverages (coffee, tea, energy drinks)
- Ping pong, foosball, and shuffle board tables