Community Support Professional - No Experience Needed!
Community Support Professionals provide individualized, goal-based services and supports to children and adults of all ages in their community. Our services maximize potential and shape success for individuals and families in the areas of communication, socialization, community integration, recreation, appropriate behavior, protective oversight, daily living, self-care, and self-determination. Our staff assist individuals in the developing skills that increase independence, support community life engagement and inclusion according to individual preferences and abilities.
Every day is different. The youth and adults we support all have unique service goals and personalities. Services might take place in a family's home or they may take you out into the community. Many individuals enjoy exploring their community and finding fun in unexpected places. Support staff will work with individuals to find new and creative ways to reach their goals by:
· Providing opportunities for individuals to work on service goals and gain independence
· Encouraging and assisting individuals to participate in activities of their choice
· Assisting individuals in accessing the community through planning and transportation
· Introducing new ideas and helping individuals plan activities
· Teaching social skills, community safety skills and skills related to tasks of daily living
· Helping with personal care and household tasks as needed
· Excellent communication, written and organizational skills
· Reliable and ability to work independently
· Have reliable vehicle for transportation
· Ability to use web based documentation software such as Therap
· Eighteen years of age or older
· High School diploma or equivalency