Paraprofessional / Behavioral Implementer
Kansas City Behavioral Health is dedicated to creating meaningful change for individuals with disabilities. Milestones Academy is our school-based program unlike any other, with curriculum and programming strategies based on the principles of Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA). Milestones Academy provides year-round, academic instruction using progressive ABA programs for individuals aged 5 to 21.
As an ABA Implementer you will be responsible for implementation of the student’s Positive Behavior Support Plan (PBSP) and reaching behavior and academic goals in the Individualized Education Plan (IEP).
In addition to demonstrating the company’s Core Competencies applicable to all positions, the Implementer is responsible for the following Professional Skills Competencies.
PROFESSIONAL SKILLS/KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
• Will collect and input data accurately and consistently.
• Will implement and follow individual behavior plans.
• Will follow all HIPAA guidelines.
• Must prepare an organize daily work materials and workspaces.
• Must complete all required documentation in a timely manner.
• Complete daily Home Note communication forms for parents and/or guardians.
• Attend and participate in meetings and trainings with Special Education Teacher, BCBA, or Program Supervisors to review current programs and data and to update teaching procedures and goals.
• Assist with and carry out activities under the supervision and direction of therapy team.
• Implementation of crisis and safety procedures as directed by IEP and BIP.
• Participate in group outings and social events as requested.
• Build rapport and trusting relationship with students.
• Perform other duties and special projects to support various organizational initiatives, as assigned.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (Education, experience, training and specific skills to fulfill the primary responsibilities and duties of the job):
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Related college courses and/or degree preferred
- One year of experience in a related field preferred
Training and Specific Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to work in a fast-paced high performing team environment under strict deadlines.
• Advanced organizational, time management and project management skills.
• Professional Crisis Management (PCM) training.
• Positive responsiveness to constructive feedback.
• Strong negotiating, listening and superior interpersonal skills.
• Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills.
• Self-motivated strategic thinker with strong analytic and financial skills.
• Self-directed individual who works well to overcome obstacles to achieve program success.
• Highly collaborative with ability to influence others and build strong professional relationships.
• Proficient in computer usage (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint).
Equal Opportunity is and shall be provided for all employees and applicants for employment on the basis of their demonstrated ability and competence without unlawful discrimination on the basis of their race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable state or federal law. This policy shall not be interpreted in such a manner as to violate the legal rights of religious organizations or the recruiting rights of military organizations associated with the Armed Forces or the Department of Homeland Security of the United States of America.