- Develop designs by using hand graphic and computer-generated design support with AutoCAD, Adobe, Microsoft Office, and SketchUp.
- Research product materials for information regarding weight calculations, construction methods, cost comparisons, etc.
- Assist in surveying, site inventory, and analysis.
- Support and coordinate with Landscape Designers, Surveyors, and Architects with all phases of a project.
- Assist with permits including city code research, calculations, and applications.
- Contribute to residential and commercial landscape designs and drafting.
- Communicate with Sales and Estimating teams, Project Managers, Subcontractors, and Clients to develop a design that meets the client’s needs and wants.
- Work with Project Managers and Subcontractors to ensure design intent is followed through the entire installation phase. Meet on-site and in-office to work through construction details, problem solving on-site issues, and any other design components.
- Drive to job sites to assist surveyor/designer to measure and analyze the site to evaluate it based on the project criteria.
- Communicate and meet with subcontractors and clients as needed for project development, occasional evening meetings, but generally during office hours.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Landscape Architecture with a focus on design required plus a minimum of three years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Licensure as a Landscape Architect in Illinois and/or Wisconsin.
- Proficient in AutoCAD is required, experience in SketchUp, Photoshop, and InDesign.
- Strong hand graphics.
- Strong understanding and practical application of the technical construction aspects of high-end landscape installation.
- Interested in hardscape and landscape design for residential and commercial properties.
- Knowledge of plant materials and hardscape.
- Candidates must have a valid local driver’s license and good driving record.
- Has own transportation to participate in job site activities.
- Comprehensive Group Medical Coverage
- 401(k) Savings Plan
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Cafeteria 125 Program
- Long Term Disability
- Supplemental Term Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement