Mizzou Made - Academics Tutor
Mizzou Made-Academics Academic Tutor
In order to be a tutor with the University of Missouri Mizzou Made-Academics program, you must have completed at least 60 credits (junior standing) and have a 3.0 or greater cumulative GPA. If you completed your undergraduate degree at another institution, please submit an unofficial copy of your transcript to email@example.com. Please apply at the following link:
Provide instructional support in academic content areas and study skill needs for student-athletes.
1. Plan and implement weekly sessions with students to promote independent learning.
2. Communicate effectively with students and staff.
3. Identify and address study skill needs for students in the context of the tutorial session.
4. Prepare and submit accurate and detailed GradesFirst reports of sessions with student-athletes by 8:00 am the day after the tutoring session, along with submitting accurate payroll records of time spent tutoring.
5. Maintain a high level of knowledge and enthusiasm in academic content area.
6. Know and comply with NCAA regulations and Mizzou Made-Academics policies that govern the tutoring of student-athletes.
7. Comply with the University’s FERPA, Title IX, and confidentiality guidelines.
8. Work with academic coordinators and Mizzou Made-Academics staff to ensure success of the student-athlete.
9. Provide a “customer service” approach to students and staff in the Shelden Academic Resource Center, while exhibiting professionalism when working with students.
10. Attend tutor training and meetings as required.
11. Additional duties assigned by Tutor/Mentor Coordinator.
Evaluations: Observations of all tutors will occur during each semester to provide feedback and help tutors improve their sessions. Supervisor evaluations of all tutors will occur each semester.