EDUCATION DIVISION SALES CONSULTANT
Department: Education Division
Reports to: Education Division Manager
Who We Are:
B-Sew Inn is a family-owned sales organization that has been serving sewing and creative enthusiasts for over 25 years. Together with our team, we operate a successful sewing machine and service business by delivering excellence and inspiration to our guests (customers). With five retail locations in Oklahoma, Arkansas and Missouri, a Nationwide Education Sales Division based in Hawaii, an Events Sales Division, and our E-Commerce Divisions, we continue to experience healthy growth and financial stability. Our Distribution Center and Administration Offices, based in Oklahoma, provides sales support and infrastructure to enable our company to be prepared for future growth and expansion.
The Education Division Sales Consultant position is responsible for selling a variety of sewing machines, and related products, and driving sales through excellent customer service while upholding B-Sew Inn’s core values. This is a full-time position, 40 hours a week including Saturdays.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Demonstrates a positive attitude and a willingness to adhere to BSI’s culture, including finding a way to say “Yes”.
· Greets guest on by phone, exhibit booth, or retail sales floor and determines make, type, and quality of merchandise desired.
· Displays merchandise, suggests selections that meet guests’ needs, and emphasizes selling points of article such as quality and utility.
· Demonstrates use and explains features of sewing machines and related products; answers guests’ questions concerning price and use of merchandise.
· Prepares orders by processing requests utilizing established practice: pulling materials, packing boxes, place orders in delivery area and/or shipping packages.
· Generates emails or text to team members and educator/customer base when appropriate.
· Participate in trade shows, exhibitions, and networking with education associations to promote B-Sew Inn, our products, and the love of sewing.
· Participate in set up and tear down of trade shows, exhibits, and conferences.
· Input necessary data from exhibits and conferences into Point of Sales System, Constant Contact and/or BSI Website.
· Processes sales invoices using Point of Sales System.
· Processes financing paperwork as needed.
· Exhibits sales skills required to achieve personal and store goals; demonstrate persistence, overcome obstacle; recognize and act on opportunities to create sales.
· Maintains knowledge of current sales and promotions, policies regarding payment and exchanges, and security practices.
· Develop and deliver instructional education to classroom educators in workshops, at schools, and by zoom.
· Follows up with guests to assure satisfaction, respond to inquiries, solicit further sales & solve or refer problems.
· Maintain records related to sales and quotes.
· Maintain mailing list within Point of Sales System and Constant Contact.
· Work with website and marketing team to maintain Educator pricing shown on BSI’s website.
· Examines defective item returned by guest to determine if refund or replacement should be made.
· Uses computer database to research availability of merchandise.
· Utilizes computer reports to verify inventory and generate leads.
· Participates in Physical Inventory.
· Sells service contracts for machines sold and schedule on site school service technician dates.
· Receive and process of machines within BSI’s Education Loaner Program.
· Wraps merchandise for guest or arranges for delivery.
· Cleans shelves, counters, tables, and other general retail cleaning duties.
· Removes and records amount of cash in register during off site exhibits or conferences.
· Helps maintain the demo-ready environment of exhibit booths.
· Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
· Other duties as assigned.
· High School Diploma or GED required.
· 1-2 years relevant sales experience required.
Skills and Requirements:
· Commitment to continually increasing knowledge of BSI’s products to stay current on product offerings.
· Excellent customer service skills.
· Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work.
· Attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Strong organizational and planning skills.
· Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, and percentages.
· Proficiency in MS Office, including email; familiarity with Google Documents and Google Drive preferred.
· Proficiency in social media venues such as Facebook, Instagram, & Pinterest.
· Ability to work in a team-oriented environment.
· Ability to work a flexible schedule.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
This position is in a standard office environment with desktop business equipment and telephone calls. Noise level is moderate. While performing the duties of this job, the team member is regularly required to stand and walk for long periods of time and must constantly reach with hands and fingers; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Frequent hearing and talking is required. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, and phones; keyboard typing is required. This position requires the ability to occasionally lift and carry supplies and shipments up to 50lbs. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
While performing some duties of this job, the team member is may be exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise level in this work environment is usually moderate but can be loud at times. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
· Competitive Wages
· Group Health Insurance
· Life Insurance
· AD&D Insurance
· Optional Vision & Dental Insurance
· Vacation Days
· Personal Time Off
· Holiday Pay
· Pre-Tax Retirement Program
· Team Member Discounts