RETAIL SEWING INSTRUCTOR
Reports to: Store Manager
Who We Are:
B-Sew Inn is a family-owned sales organization that has been serving sewing and creative enthusiasts for over 25 years. Together with our team, we operate a successful sewing machine and service business by delivering excellence and inspiration to our guests (customers). With five retail locations in Oklahoma, Arkansas and Missouri, a Nationwide Education Sales Division based in Hawaii, an Events Sales Division, and our E-Commerce Divisions, we continue to experience healthy growth and financial stability. Our Distribution Center and Administration Offices, based in Oklahoma, provides sales support and infrastructure to enable our company to be prepared for future growth and expansion.
The Retail Sewing Instructor position is responsible for teaching Instructional Guide Classes for products sold, preparing and presenting our monthly club, and teaching special events for both adults and students. This position is also responsible for selling a variety of sewing machines, and related products, and driving sales through excellent customer service while upholding B-Sew Inn’s core values. This is a full-time position, 40 hours a week including Saturdays.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Demonstrates a positive attitude and a willingness to adhere to BSI’s culture, including finding a way to say “Yes”.
• Teach guests sewing machine and related product knowledge to use their products to the fullest capability, using class outlines provided by BSI.
• Teach monthly club sessions showing guests both new and current productions and specialty techniques.
• Greets guest on sales floor and determines make, type, and quality of merchandise desired.
• Displays merchandise, suggests selections that meet guests’ needs, and emphasizes selling points of article such as quality and utility.
• Demonstrates use and explains features of sewing machines and related products; answers guests’ questions concerning price and use of merchandise.
• Processes sales invoices using Point of Sales System.
• Exhibits sales skills required to achieve personal and store goals; demonstrate persistence, overcome obstacle; recognize and act on opportunities to create sales.
• Maintains knowledge of current sales and promotions, policies regarding payment and exchanges, and security practices.
• Follows up with guests to assure satisfaction, respond to inquiries, solicit further sales & solve or refer problems.
• Maintain records related to sales and quotes.
• Examines defective item returned by guest to determine if refund or replacement should be made.
• Uses computer database to research availability of merchandise.
• Participates in Physical Inventory.
• Sells service contracts for machines sold.
• Wraps merchandise for guest or arranges for delivery.
• Cleans shelves, counters, tables, and other general retail cleaning duties.
• Removes and records amount of cash in register at end of shift.
• Helps maintain the demo-ready environment of store and sales floor.
• Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
• Other duties as assigned.
• High School Diploma or GED required.
• 1-2 years relevant sales experience required.
• 2 years relevant sewing experience required.
Skills and Requirements:
• Commitment to continually increasing knowledge of BSI’s products to stay current on product offerings.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work.
• Excellent presentation skills
• Ability to speak effectively before groups of guests
• Attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong organizational and planning skills.
• Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, and percentages.
• Proficiency in MS Office, including email; familiarity with Google Documents and Google Drive preferred.
• Ability to work in a team-oriented environment.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
This position is in a standard retail environment with desktop business equipment and telephone calls. Noise level is moderate. While performing the duties of this job, the team member is regularly required to stand and walk for long periods of time and must constantly reach with hands and fingers; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Frequent hearing and talking is required. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, and phones; keyboard typing is required. This position requires the ability to occasionally lift and carry supplies and shipments up to 50lbs. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
• Competitive Wages
• Group Health Insurance
• Life Insurance
• AD&D Insurance
• Optional Vision & Dental Insurance
• Vacation Days
• Personal Time Off
• Holiday Pay
• Pre-Tax Retirement Program
• Team Member Discounts