E-COMMERCE SALES MANAGER
Department: E-Commerce Sales
Reports to: District Sales Manager
Who We Are:
B-Sew Inn is a family-owned sales organization that has been serving sewing and creative enthusiasts for over 25 years. Together with our team, we operate a successful sewing machine and service business by delivering excellence and inspiration to our guests (customers). With five retail locations in Oklahoma, Arkansas and Missouri, a Nationwide Education Sales Division based in Hawaii, an Events Sales Division, and our E-Commerce Divisions, we continue to experience healthy growth and financial stability. Our Distribution Center and Administration Offices, based in Oklahoma, provides sales support and infrastructure to enable our company to be prepared for future growth and expansion.
The E-Commerce Sales Manager position is responsible for meeting customer acquisition and revenue growth targets by managing, directing, and coordinating all aspects of online sales – through Bsewinn.com, eBay, and other online platforms – selling a variety of sewing machines, and related products, and driving sales through excellent customer service while upholding B-Sew Inn’s core values. This is a full-time position, Monday – Friday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM with a 1-hour lunch break.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Demonstrates a positive attitude and a willingness to adhere to BSI’s culture, including finding a way to say “Yes”.
• Drive sales by proactively managing online inquiries & helping close sales daily.
• Motivate team by providing sales leadership, monitoring production, & rewarding success.
• Problem solve fulfillment issues to guarantee a pleasant guest experience while considering industry restrictions & norms.
• Oversee day to day operations of Bsewinn.com, providing the infrastructure for successful operations, addressing customer service issues, and helping ensure timely shipping.
• Engage with guests daily via phone calls and website chat to help provide superior customer service.
• Manage online product selection, pricing, and accuracy for all products on Bsewinn.com.
• Manage and maintain inventory levels of key online products.
• Manage all aspects of all E-Commerce platforms including but not limited to, Amazon Marketplace and eBay account.
• Photograph and upload pre-owned inventory to website with appropriate product description.
• Works with graphic designers, web developers and in-house Marketing department to optimize the design and usability of BSI’s website; keeps website up to date with current products and new items.
• Verify pricing and approve invoices for e-commerce product orders.
• Research, analyze, and monitor financial, technological, and industry trends to capitalize on market opportunities and minimize the effects of competitive activity.
• Achieve online sales goals and sales benchmarks to increase website sales, traffic, customer base, and profitability.
• Work closely with the Marketing department on BSI’s advertising and promotion activities specifically linked to BSI’s web presence, creating coupon codes as needed.
• Verify fraudulent order attempts in accordance with Authorize.net.
• Complete end of day closing to reconcile sales and inventory in Point of Sale System
• Develop and recommend e-commerce strategy for the Company which will result in the greatest share of the online market long term.
Achieve satisfactory profit/loss ratio and share of market performance in relation to pre-set standards as well as to general and specific trends within the industry.
• Works with Distribution Center to ensures timely fulfillment and an excellent customer experience.
• Work closely with BSI Leadership Team to establish and implement profitable online sales strategies.
• Prepare sales reports showing sales volume, potential sales, and areas of proposed client base expansion.
• Monitor and evaluate the activities and products of our competitors.
• Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
• Carries out manager responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws, including, interviewing, hiring, and training team members; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining team members; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
• Other duties as assigned.
• High School Diploma or GED required.
• 1-year relevant E-commerce experience required.
• Experience in using WooCommerce or similar E-Commerce platform.
Skills and Requirements:
• Commitment to continually increasing knowledge of BSI’s products to stay current on product offerings.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Strong communication skills.
• Strong computer skills.
• Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work.
• Attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong organizational and planning skills.
• Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
• Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, and percentages.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
• Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
• Ability to speak effectively to guests or team members of the organization.
• Proficiency in MS Office, including email and excel; familiarity with Google Documents and Google Drive preferred.
• Ability to work in a team-oriented environment.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
This position is in a standard office environment with desktop business equipment and frequent telephone calls. Noise level is moderate. While performing the duties of this job, the team member is regularly required to stand and walk for long periods of time and must constantly reach with hands, arms, and fingers; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Frequent hearing and talking is required. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, and photocopiers; extensive keyboard typing is required. This position requires the ability to occasionally lift and carry supplies and shipments up to 50lbs. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
• Competitive Wages
• Group Health Insurance
• Life Insurance
• AD&D Insurance
• Optional Vision & Dental Insurance
• Vacation Days
• Personal Time Off
• Holiday Pay
• Pre-Tax Retirement Program
• Team Member Discounts