Manager In Training #587 - Burkes Morehead, KY
Start your career at Bealls, where you will be part of a team that is rich in tradition and ready to adapt and evolve with the ever-changing retail landscape. We are a nationwide organization with our eye to the future as we continue to enter new markets and expand on our guest footprint. Our people-first culture is focused on talent and providing vast opportunities for your development, promotion, and growth within the organization. At Bealls, you will be working alongside a dedicated team that brings their passion and pride to all that they do!
About Bealls Manager in Training Program (MIT)
At Bealls, we believe in our leaders having meaningful experiences that provide them with the opportunity to build and develop skills for a long-lasting career in our organization. You will be provided a structured learning environment focused on immersing you in all aspects of leading our business and our people in a fast-paced retail organization.
Your focus as a Manager in Training is to learn all aspects of the store leadership role. This training program will equip you with the ability to develop vital leadership skills needed to lead the guest experience, people, business, and store operations.
The program is structured to provide consistent feedback on your performance and growth throughout your training. Successful completion of this program is the first step to a bright and successful career in retail leadership in the Bealls Family of Stores.
As a Manager in Training (MIT), no day will ever be the same, but your typical day will most likely include the following responsibilities.
Leading your Business
- Develop skills in leading a legendary guest culture that prioritizes the guest experience in your store
- Learn how to effectively evaluate all business reports to drive results around talent, guest experience, business, and store operations
- Execute all operational functions needed to lead the business daily.
- Manage workload and prioritize tasks independently and with a team
- Gain knowledge of how to assess store layout, individual inventory levels, and proper handling of merchandise functions within the store
- Learn to drive sales and increase guest loyalty through execution of overall company strategies
Leading your People
- Learn to recruit, network, hire, and onboard a diverse range of talented associates
- Develop the ability to assess associate’s performance and identify any training and development needs
- Demonstrate and lead a culture of ethical conduct, accountability, and compliance
- Learn to inspire and motivate a team to deliver results through clear and concise feedback and coaching
- Set clear goals and expectations for associates and ensure accountability
- Embrace the core values of the organization to create a sense of teamwork, collaboration, and engagement among associates
What it takes to be successful as a Manager in Training (MIT)
- Build rapport, trust, and engages with clear and concise communication that enhances the growth and job performance of self and others
- Capability to interpret and apply company procedures, policies, and adapt to technology needs
- Work well both independently and within a team environment
- Gain the ability to demonstrate operational agility based on the needs of the business and can develop clear objectives to meet company goals
- Ability to organize, delegate, prioritize, meet deadlines, and follow up on all activities within the store to meet company standards
- Capacity to establish goals, guide employee performance, and hold self and others accountable to high-performance standards and goals
- Work varying hours and schedules to include mid shifts, nights, weekends, and holidays
- Relocate within the company when required
What we are looking for!
The good news is that we will provide you with amazing training that will teach you everything you need to know to become a leader. But there are a few attributes you should have from the start:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college
- 1-2 years of retail experience recommended, but not required
- Adaptable, Motivated, Self-Starter
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Team-building skills
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Must have adequate vision, speech, hearing, and physical ability to perform essential job functions, with or without reasonable accommodations
- Must be able to lift, push, pull and carry at least 20 pounds
- Must have full body rotation and mobility (i.e. – bending, stooping, twisting, and reaching)