Senior Manager Continuous Improvement
Foot Locker currently has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Manager, Continuous Improvement based out of Junction City, Kansas. This is a senior leader role responsible for driving Supply Chain process, engineering, and labor management opportunities within distribution centers. It also aligns under the Supply Chain Strategic Initiatives group that is designing and implementing Foot Locker’s future-state replenishment and fulfillment distribution network to enhance overall efficiency and ultimately increase customer satisfaction.
Scope of the work will include advising the team on broad process improvement issues, providing technical expertise, and developing the team to continue to drive success. Specifically, this role will identify opportunities, provide fact-based cost justifications, be responsible for implementing and executing process flow programs, policies, and systems within the facilities. This position will be responsible for driving the ongoing development of select internal and external strategic partnerships to successfully maintain and implement labor standards, develop a culture of continuous improvement, develop innovative solutions to problems, and improve operational key performance indicators. Lastly, this position will help with the guiding and mentoring of Engineers.
Our global house-of-brands inspires and empowers youth culture. Relentlessly committed to fuel a shared passion for self-expression, we create unrivaled experiences at the heart of the sport and sneaker communities through the power of our people. If you want to be a part of something bigger than you can imagine, you’ve come to the right place. To learn more about the incredible impact we’re making on both our local and global communities, Click Here!
- Manages Industrial Engineers responsible for maintaining and implementing labor standards in Manhattan’s WMOS Labor Management and Foot Locker internal systems.
- Develop long-term strategic projects to improve productivity in the facilities.
- Manage transformational projects in the supply chain including material handling equipment, product flow, labor performance and Continuous Improvement.
- Analyze large data sets from multiple data sources finding trends and opportunities to drive improvements and track results.
- Performs other duties as necessary
- Travel: Less than 25%.
- Bachelor's Degree from four-year college or university in Supply Chain, Engineering or related field.
- At least 5 years of combined experience in material handling, automation, manufacturing, supply chain, process improvement, and/or distribution and logistics industries
- Must have 5+ years’ experience leading, guiding, and mentoring engineers as well as 2+ years’ experience working with external teams on large capital projects and change management.
- Understanding of Lean Principles, value stream mapping, Standard Work, Systems and Tools.
- Demonstrated ability to own projects, think big and influence across all levels of an organization.
- Strong attention to detail, ability to produce high quality and accurate work products.
- Must be able to operate with sound reasoning and judgement coupled with a high level of resourcefulness.
- Ability to demonstrate structured thinking to solve problems and conduct root cause analysis.
- Experienced in working with data to analyze root causes, implementing long term solutions and improve operational outcomes.
- Strong foundation of mathematical/analytical principles.