Merchandise Assistant - Data Entry
WHY JOIN BEALLS?
Come join a team rich in tradition that is ready to adapt and evolve with the ever-changing retail landscape! We are a debt free, billion-dollar organization with over 500 retail stores across 22 states. With an eye to the future, we continue to enter new markets and expand on our customer base!
Stable and fiscally savvy, Beall’s has long been an organization that represents tradition, integrity, and ever-changing sustainability. We are led by servant leaders who are genuinely grateful for our contributions every day. Our associates strive to exceed expectations and drive results through empowerment and ownership. Come join a team that brings a people first approach to doing business!
IMPACT ON OUR BUSINESS
This is a full-time position available at our Corporate Offices in Bradenton, FL, requiring a broad depth of abilities and offering the potential for continuous development. The Merchandise Assistant will support one or more Buyers with purposeful and administrative tasks. The Merchandise Assistant is also responsible in providing continuous contribution in the communication with vendors, to assist a team of passionate retail professionals in driving their business. Our ideal candidate for this role will be customer focused, collaborative, driven and adaptable.
EXPECTATIONS FOR SUCCESS
- Critical accuracy with data entry related to purchase orders, items, pricing, and marketing.
- Requests for purchase order creation as needed from the business.
- Occasional travel with the Buyer to local Bealls and/or Bealls Outlet stores in Hillsborough and Sarasota County.
- Communicate with internal partners using Microsoft TEAMS, email, and phone.
- General office maintenance: ordering supplies, merchandise sample management, office organization and filing.
- Direct communication with outside vendors.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Entry level role with no supervisory responsibilities.
- High School Diploma required or equivalent experience. Retail focused associate's or bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Previous retail store experience preferred.
- Administrative experience preferred.
- Excellent organizational, time management and written/verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Must have adequate vision, speech, hearing, and physical ability to perform essential job functions, with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Must be able to lift up to 20 pounds.
- Must have full body rotation and mobility (i.e., bending, stooping, etc.).
For more information, check out: